Dodge Challenger Forum banner

621 - 640 of 660 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #621 (Edited)
I like their stuff a lot. Just get some ceramic coating, it’s like $60. It’ll take you a few hours and it’s so damn nice to just rinse the dirt off without effort and it’s always shiny.
Is it that blue stuff? I looked at that but read it wasn’t the real deal. I am interested to know the results but I get the feeling it is just overpriced brand name stuff that smells good. But I have the feeling about all their stuff. I am going to test their products against some cheap stuff on my Jeep and see if it is really worth it

·
Registered
925 Posts
Is it that blue stuff? I looked at that but read it wasn’t the real deal. I am interested to know the results but I get the feeling it is just overpriced brand name stuff that smells good. But I have the feeling about all their stuff. I am going to test their products against some cheap stuff on my Jeep and see if it is really worth it
Oh no, I don’t think they sell any ceramic coating. I used this: Armor Shield IX DIY Kit

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,980 Posts
Not to pan the Armor Shield, it may do a decent job, but it's not an established product. You won't find it reviewed much on the major detailing forums. That said, have a look at this video. These (along with 22PLE) products are the most popular, highly recommended products

Once you settle on a product, google for How to apply xxxx. You'll generally find tips and techniques that will help you on your application

A Guy

·
Registered
925 Posts
Not to pan the Armor Shield, it may do a decent job, but it's not an established product. You won't find it reviewed much on the major detailing forums. That said, have a look at this video. These (along with 22PLE) products are the most popular, highly recommended products

Once you settle on a product, google for How to apply xxxx. You'll generally find tips and techniques that will help you on your application

A Guy
Video didn’t post.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Oh! What are your thoughts about that?
They’re worth it. Bit time consuming to apply but if you’ve ever done a full car wax, it’s no different. Put it on an applicator, wipe it on and wait 2 minutes, buff off. Your car will feel like glass and you won’t have to wax for a good 1-2 years! Protects paint, restricts dirt sticking, always shiny. I guess as a guy said, what I used wasn't main stream but I saw it recommended around so I tried it with good results.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
This is the difference between a 275 and a 305. It is also traction and no traction. Got my 0-60 time down to 4.5.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Damn that 305 is huge. But you got a 4.5 in Colorado? That’s solid, cars are slower here. I can’t crack 5.0 flat on the stock 245’s.

Reactions: Tyler

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
Damn that 305 is huge. But you got a 4.5 in Colorado? That’s solid, cars are slower here. I can’t crack 5.0 flat on the stock 245’s.
The best I got on the 275s was 5.5. I think the pedal commander helped and these tires bite hard. I am getting some rubbing on the plastic though.

·
Registered
925 Posts
The best I got on the 275s was 5.5. I think the pedal commander helped and these tires bite hard. I am getting some rubbing on the plastic though.
Do they fit on the stock rim? I think you have different rims from me though because the T/A. That’s cool though, I’ll have to get bigger tires when these are goners.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #631 (Edited)
Do they fit on the stock rim? I think you have different rims from me though because the T/A. That’s cool though, I’ll have to get bigger tires when these are goners.
You can mount a 305 on a 9 inch rim but it’s not recommended. I bought 11 inch replica wheels that match mine

·
Registered
640 Posts
Try using a heat gun to massage the plastic fender liner. Then you can use a cold water rag to cool it off into any position.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
After 800 miles of hard driving I decided to upgrade the shifting. At first I thought it would take some getting use to but I have consistently had problems shifting it especially into third when doing hard pulls. After some research I decided to order a Barton shifter ordered a skip shift delete and possibly do a clutch delay valve delete.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,980 Posts
Some like a weighted shift ball too...if the Barton alone doesn't do it for you

A Guy

Reactions: Tyler

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
543 Posts
The Barton shifter is a completely different feel from the stock shifter. It's almost over-engineered and took me a week or two to adjust. That engineering means that you'll shift to third with a LOT more confidence.

I added a Speed Dawg shift knob. I like the extra weight and think it makes it even easier to shift.

And ... God bless WorkPlayDrive for his installation video.Barton Install

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #637
The Barton shifter is a completely different feel from the stock shifter. It's almost over-engineered and took me a week or two to adjust. That engineering means that you'll shift to third with a LOT more confidence.

I added a Speed Dawg shift knob. I like the extra weight and think it makes it even easier to shift.

And ... God bless WorkPlayDrive for his installation video.Barton Install
What made you decide to upgrade? I bought the one that uses the oem stick because I like it and was cheaper but can make about anything into a knob. An actual grenade would be cool. Thanks for the video

·
Registered
543 Posts
What made you decide to upgrade? I bought the one that uses the oem stick because I like it and was cheaper but can make about anything into a knob. An actual grenade would be cool. Thanks for the video
It only took a couple of miss or near-miss 2nd to 3rd shifts with the OEM shifter for me to start looking for something else.

I gave a lot of consideration to reusing the OEM stick because I generally like the appearance. But I decided to go with the flat stick and a black shift knob. Then I read a couple of reviews about the Speed Dawg knob and I liked the appearance. Once I installed the Speed Dawg I realized what folks were talking about ... the extra weight really does seem to make it easier to shift.

D380B8F2-3104-4DB3-9D4D-01FCF1CE4098.jpeg

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
It only took a couple of miss or near-miss 2nd to 3rd shifts with the OEM shifter for me to start looking for something else.

I gave a lot of consideration to reusing the OEM stick because I generally like the appearance. But I decided to go with the flat stick and a black shift knob. Then I read a couple of reviews about the Speed Dawg knob and I liked the appearance. Once I installed the Speed Dawg I realized what folks were talking about ... the extra weight really does seem to make it easier to shift.

View attachment 992116
Is that threaded the same as the stock knob? Did you look into the valve delete? The OEM is ungodly. I Have been driving a stick years before I could legally drive and can now shift any type of semi truck from a 10 speed up to 18 speed and have never had so much trouble

·
Registered
543 Posts
Is that threaded the same as the stock knob? Did you look into the valve delete?
Sorry ... I don't know if it's the same as the stock knob. I bought their adapter to put their ball on the Barton stick.

I've thought about doing the valve delete. I only haven't done it because I'm not bothered by the stock operation of the clutch. My days of trying to ripoff amazing 60-foot times are way in my rear view mirror.

621 - 640 of 660 Posts