Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 180 of 428 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,425 Posts
Open the side windows so when you close the doors, the Windshield doesn't want to pop out (same reason for the suggestion of the tape)

A Guy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)

So you take this oscillating tool and cut the glue between the windshield and the car and the windshield magically comes out! Or I might have chuck norrised the crap out of it! I have had a stressful week so it felt good kicking out a windshield by myself for the first time ever

·
Registered
741 Posts
I like to run mine up to 100 every now and then, the hood FLOATS and lifts way to much for me...………...safety in hood pins is security.
Think so? I hit 100 today just passing someone leisurely, didn’t even notice it till I looked down, car is smooth. Wife smacked me though and told me i was a ****** bag...I told her “if passing someone going 45 in a 55 on a one lane road makes me a ****** bag, then I’m gladly the world biggest ****** bag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys, have you maybe found stamped VIN during your labors? I started topic in General Challenger Discussion section. Most probable location is under a seat, under the carpet. Have you seen it there?
Please help!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Guys, have you maybe found stamped VIN during your labors? I started topic in General Challenger Discussion section. Most probable location is under a seat, under the carpet. Have you seen it there?
Please help!
  1. If we are talking about the same vin there should be a little hole in the bottom drivers side windshield with some numbers and letters

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am thoroughly enjoying this thread and impressed by your dedication and work. Keep it up. When I saw the windshield out, I immediately thought "Hey, now that it is easily accessible, get some good speakers in up in the dash." That is a knuckle buster with the windshield in. And a good set of speakers makes even the stock amp sound much better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #171 (Edited)
I am thoroughly enjoying this thread and impressed by your dedication and work. Keep it up. When I saw the windshield out, I immediately thought "Hey, now that it is easily accessible, get some good speakers in up in the dash." That is a knuckle buster with the windshield in. And a good set of speakers makes even the stock amp sound much better.
What kind would you recommend? I was actually thinking hey! It would be a good time to fix the big hole in my dash 😂. I have thought about it a lot and can’t seem to think of any solution besides replacing it or getting a dash mat to cover it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice to see another person who actually builds their car. Nice job on it. Looks good. Who cares what it will become in the future. Value is not what it will be, hell everyone would be rich if that was the case. We all would have held onto toys from our childhood. Look at beenie babys. Still not valuable. Knowing YOU have the talent,skills and patience to do the work is where the value lies regardless of $$. I bet its still cheaper then if you went out and bought one done.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
So I have two things left to make it roadworthy and pass an inspection. Put the windshield in and paint the trunk lid. I am not 100% satisfied with my body work but my grandpa has always said no more than a credit card thickness of body filler and will stick with it. It the ac needs charged unfortunately it is 134 and can’t get my hands on the equipment to do it. There is a service airbag warning so it will need to go to a dealership to find out the problem. Still needs hood pins, a left stripe on the fender a bit of polishing and a few odds and ends but am actually pretty close to finishing. I don’t want it to end but I want to drive this really bad

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
569 Posts
How many of the airbags were deployed? I presume you did replace all that were deployed? Do the seatbelt retractors still work? This link might help you...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
How many of the airbags were deployed? I presume you did replace all that were deployed? Do the seatbelt retractors still work? This link might help you...

The driver and passenger front. Sent in the seatbelts and airbag control module to get reset. The driver side melted the connectors so soldered in new plug ins. I may have put them in wrong. There are a lot of things that could be wrong and easiest way would be to plug it in to a computer

·
Registered
200 Posts
The '15 and up doesnt need air bag computer reset. If system is correct with all bags,belts and seatbelt buckles replaced the light will go out. It will have history codes that can be cleared easily after the swap. Dont forget the buckles. If bag blew, buckles retracted also.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #177 (Edited)
The '15 and up doesnt need air bag computer reset. If system is correct with all bags,belts and seatbelt buckles replaced the light will go out. It will have history codes that can be cleared easily after the swap. Dont forget the buckles. If bag blew, buckles retracted also.
I sent the buckles in as well.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,425 Posts
That will buff right out...

A Guy

161 - 180 of 428 Posts