Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler has generated a recall J21 for 15,500 2009 Challenger, and Chargers. The build dates are as follows

5.7 Vehicles built through December 11, 2008
6.1 Vehicles built through January 23, 2009

the repair involves replacing the battery and installing heavier ground cables in the engine bay and in the rear of the vehicle. We are currently stocking these parts and have availability to make these repairs for you directly at the Hemi Shop @ Westbury Jeep.

Appointments can be set up by contacting Dawn at 516-333-2666 or E-mail Myself (A.J) [email protected]. Also remember we stock many performance items including an entire line of Arrington, and Diablosport products and are the only dealer on Long Island with a dedicated performance shop separate from the normal service department. Custom CMR Dyno tuning is also available.
Kind Regards
A.J.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Didn't realize you guys stocked performance parts too. My plum crazy should be here at the start of next year so I'm sure Ill be comin back over there for the few things I am gonna do as soon as I get it.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
If you don't get the notice in the mail then your ok

BW

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wonder if this has anything to do with the flickering lights issue us 6 spd rt owners are having.

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,535 Posts
??? Hey!!!My lights don't flicker. Which lights of yours flicker? :scratchhead:
It's the lights in the IP cluster - when rpm varies (idle on up) you'll notice a flicker. I run my panel dimmed down a bit and notice this effect.

I had the battery and cable RRT campaign performed a few months back on when my free oil change was performed - didn't make any difference with the IP cluster flicker. Mine was in the range (Oct '08 build) for the recall campaign.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hal, I also notice it in the headlights also. On the thread I linked to in my previous posts you can read all the specifics. Its very strange. I still have to check my build date. I always drive with my IP cluster lights on bright and still notice it.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Okay...you guys made me second guess myself...so I went out and looked at my Challenger again... (I work from home, I can do that! :thumbsup:)
on the IP cluster, I can see it, but it is "ever-so-slight"damn near unnoticeable without looking up close...
on the headlights, when I step on the brakes...still "ever-so-slight"....nothing like what others have described as a "dimming" or "flickering".

One thing I have done is make sure there is no paint on the bolts where the ground cables connect to the body.
Maybe that is why my flicker is "less pronounced" as some others? :scratchhead:

·
Super Moderator
14,535 Posts
Hal, I also notice it in the headlights also. On the thread I linked to in my previous posts you can read all the specifics. Its very strange. I still have to check my build date. I always drive with my IP cluster lights on bright and still notice it.
I have the HID lights and don't notice it on them. I couldn't tell enough detail from your avatar and sig pix if you had the standard halogen lights or HID's.

BTW, the build date is on your driver's door sticker. It may be MM DD:HH format or MM DD (depending on when built), below the barcode.

On the left side it will be MM/YY as a cross-check.

·
Super Moderator
13,476 Posts
Not every Challenger is affected by the recall. Go onto dodge.com and under "contact" select "recall information." Then just plug in the last 8 digits of your VIN# to see if your car is among the ones being recalled.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the HID lights and don't notice it on them. I couldn't tell enough detail from your avatar and sig pix if you had the standard halogen lights or HID's.

BTW, the build date is on your driver's door sticker. It may be MM DD:HH format or MM DD (depending on when built), below the barcode.

On the left side it will be MM/YY as a cross-check.

I have the standard halogens. When the boss leaves Im gonna check my build date thanks for that info. I don't really notice it much during the day. Its much easier to notice at night with the lights on another car or a garage door.(obviously) I also thought it might have something to do with the clutch too, dont know how but. When im almost at a complete stop at a stop sign and i push the clutch in it dims significantly then gets a little brighter then back to normal. I have never experienced this with any other cars I have had, and this one is brand new, I don't get it. Its def something I can live with, but I shouldn't have to. My gfs new 2010 wrangler unlimited doesn't do it.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
build date: march 09

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
I went to Dodge.com and checked my car for the recall. Sure enough the car is getting recalled for J21.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
If you don't get the notice in the mail then your ok

BW
Not all the time. I didnt get one in mail and just spent 15 mins on phone while the dealer located it and agreed to order parts. Check Dodge recall site I found my listed as a Driveabillity issue:scratchhead:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts