Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone knows that feeling when you think something is wrong with your car, tight chest, diziness etc...

I got a recall notice in the mail last week and thought oh brother. I then came to realize it is a recall on my floor mats for not fitting properly. I called the dealer and they ordered the new ones.

I had someone take pictures for me but I swear they look exactly the same. I pick them up this evening so I will investigate the difference.

Any other 2011 owners get this notice?

·
Registered
411 Posts
The 2011 has two posts and eyes on the drivers side and 1 post and eye on the passenger side. It is also cut different on the drivers side near the dead pedal. Mine came with the wrong mats and I had to look up the new part number on my own then argue with the dealer that they were not correct. They finally ordered the part number I gave them and they were correct.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmmm...floormats...

I experienced a 'Toyota stuck throttle'...or TST style experience with my 2010 SE...was caused by aftermarket 'Dodge' heavy rubber floormats crawling up the trans tunnel and lodging between the gas-pedal and tunnel at wide open throttle..:disgust:

If Chrysler is recalling floormats...it's likely because of a potential jammed throttle issue.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the new floormats in today. It was as stated above. The mat holes now match the hooks. The back mats were different as well, they have little wraparound edges that come around the seat frame.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Mine seem fine (dont know if they are different in the R/T than the SE) but the hooks do line up with the holes. Maybe yours just had a bad batch?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Their risk assessment people must have done this to avoid Toyota type press. That whole Toyota business was BS. Almost every reported case was just some dumbarse trying to blame his own driver error on the manufacturer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts