Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna putting Tremec High Performance Manual Transmission fluid into my '15 6MT. Sounds like something's that easy enough to DIY. I stumbled on this thread because I was looking for a new rear diff fluid to match to see if that would help with my notchiness, but it sounds like it's not something so easy to DIY? I have jack stands but I don't have a lift and I'm hearing it's something the pros should be doing to make sure you don't need a new gasket and don't mix the old fluid in with the new (I Just replaced it a few months ago but I'm looking for whatever will help with my notchiness in shifting before I decide to rebuild or buy an all new transmission if necessary.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I have the Tremec trans fluid in my '15 M6 trans and have tried RP (Royal Purple) and to be honest no difference in the notchiness. I use 12" wheel cribs to change the trans fluid, jack the car up front then rear.

As for the rear diff, I run RP syncromesh but added an extra bottle of friction modifier as the RP fluid did not have enough and caused the diff to groan on slow, tight turns. I just use ramps to change the diff fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts