Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I would like to ask what is the best way to add some extra horse power to the 2019 challenger rt plus, beside using the CAI.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey there!

We have very similar cars, mine is a 6 speed not sure about yours

Is warranty and issue?

Are you chasing drag times or do you want to make a little extra power on the street?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,228 Posts
A CAI doesn't do anything for our cars other than look good. You can buy a tuner and an unlocked PCM to increase power....

Reactions: MDT

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Cam, Ported heads, headers, bore and stroke, blower and a tune or in other words

Trade it in on a Hellcat Redeye!

I have a 2015 R/T plus that I bought new and since it is paid off now I am starting to look at things and real Horse Power is not cheap.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Cam, Ported heads, headers, bore and stroke, blower and a tune or in other words

I have a 2015 R/T plus that I bought new and since it is paid off now I am starting to look at things and real Horse Power is not cheap.
You know ive always looked at it like this....

Decent supercharger setup for a 5.7 is in the ballpark of 8-10k

The markup from a brand new rt to a 392 is about 10k

The supercharged rt would make more whp and take boost better on low boost and stock internals

Its no hellcat, but i think the 10k would be better spent boosting vs upgrading to a 392

Imo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. My car is brand new 2019 rt plus and under warranty. I'm just looking for parts to add some horse powers (30-50 hp) on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I was late on closing out a deal on 2019 scatpack wide body yesterday so I decided to stick with this car for now.

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
439 Posts
Without voiding warranty the only things I can think of is a CAI, new exhaust and Pedal Commander. CAI and exhaust might net you a few more ponies but probably not even noticeable. Pedal Commander will give you the feel of more power, without actually give more power, due to the throttle lag being reduced/removed. Other than those things you may risk voiding certain parts of your warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Without voiding warranty the only things I can think of is a CAI, new exhaust and Pedal Commander. CAI and exhaust might net you a few more ponies but probably not even noticeable. Pedal Commander will give you the feel of more power, without actually give more power, due to the throttle lag being reduced/removed. Other than those things you may risk voiding certain parts of your warranty.
In that case, I should work with the dealer (Autonation) about installing new exhaust system since on their website, they offer improving performance service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My plan is to get Hellcat lower intake with K&N high performance intake and upgrade header, high performance catalytic converter and muffler. I also got the demon carbon fiber so that it can bring more air from the hood.

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
439 Posts
In that case, I should work with the dealer (Autonation) about installing new exhaust system since on their website, they offer improving performance service.
Just curious but what performance improving services does the dealer offer and for how much if you don't mind me asking. Have to watch what dealers offer cause at times it's high priced snake oil.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just curious but what performance improving services does the dealer offer and for how much if you don't mind me asking. Have to watch what dealers offer cause at times it's high priced snake oil.
I haven't contact them yet. I just saw it on their website.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Do y'all have any experiences with installing exhaust system?
Yes, very do-able. Although if you can use a lift it would be waaaay better

Ive done it on jackstands but hard to get leverage and swing with your tools

If you tackle it yourself, a basic 3/8” ratchet and metric socket set is all you need along with either a long prybar or a tool called “exhaust hanger tool” which basically makes it way easier to slide it out of the bushings they hang on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, very do-able. Although if you can use a lift it would be waaaay better

Ive done it on jackstands but hard to get leverage and swing with your tools

If you tackle it yourself, a basic 3/8” ratchet and metric socket set is all you need along with either a long prybar or a tool called “exhaust hanger tool” which basically makes it way easier to slide it out of the bushings they hang on.
What exhaust system did you install? Do you think muffler alone would increase the horse power? Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
What exhaust system did you install? Do you think muffler alone would increase the horse power? Thanks!!
I swapped the muffler on mine and deleted the resonators. It did not pick up anything but it sure sounds better. For a CAI I added the hellcat lower box and air catcher and AEM drop in non oiled filter. Again no gain but it is just cool.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Nothing mentioned will increase horsepower in any notable fashion. If you're willing to void that warranty, you can do it with a tune AND the parts above.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,367 Posts
I installed stainless works headers and corsa catback. Headers are a bit of a pain to install but yield at least 24-30 more HP. But you will need a modified PCM ($249 for the service, a tune ~$400-600, an obd security bypass $60, headers ~$1600). Assuming you do the install yourself. A good chunk of change for ~30HP (~$80/HP). And you void your warranty.

Catback alone won't give any noticeable HP.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts