Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After owning my 2013 SRT for six years (25k miles) I finally need to replace my brakes. Recently started to notice some brake screeching at stops. Rotors are the original stock. I suspect they are probably ok and that I could turn them, but they are a rusty mess. I considered painting them, but I think I'll just go ahead and replace the pads and rotors.

As far as I know my car has the factory Brembo 4-piston calipers. I'm looking for some pads and rotors that are slightly better performing than stock. I don't do a lot of aggressive driving, but I do some aggressive driving, to include some heavy braking from time to time. Car is mostly a fair-weather cruising vehicle, but I do enjoy some spirited driving from time-to-time. Priority is obviously stopping power, followed by minimized noise and brake dust if possible (in that order).

Willing to spend a reasonable amount of cash for quality and reliability, but not looking to break the bank (no pun intended).

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,303 Posts
Unless you drive the car in such a way the factory brakes are or have proved in some way inadequate my advice would be to just use the factory rotors and pads and other brake hardware.

(And to afterwards treat the brake hydraulic system to a brake fluid flush and bleed.)

My experience over the years is a car's stopping power is ultimately limited by the tires. Every car I have owned, from a 90hp VW Golf TDI to a 707hp Hellcat the brakes are strong enough to lock the wheel/tire. (But of course ABS can or should kick in.) So how well the car brakes/slows is related to tire grip.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I got the powerstop z26 kit for my rt. I think they have it for the sxt. If they do I'd recommend that. I noticed a decent improvement in brake performance and it looks bad a$$

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Local Dodge dealership wants $317 for front pads. $389 for rear pads. $148 for front rotor. $$155 for rear rotor. I don't think so...

Powerstop or Hawk will be the way ahead I think. OEM parts are good, but they aren't THAT good, lol.

And to be clear, this isn't for an SXT....it's a 2013 SRT.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Local Dodge dealership wants $317 for front pads. $389 for rear pads. $148 for front rotor. $$155 for rear rotor. I don't think so...

Powerstop or Hawk will be the way ahead I think. OEM parts are good, but they aren't THAT good, lol.

And to be clear, this isn't for an SXT....it's a 2013 SRT.
I must be replying to the wrong thread then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts