Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace belt tensioner...the car does have a supercharger...wanting a wider pulley on tensioner then stock

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Looking to replace belt tensioner...the car does have a supercharger...wanting a wider pulley on tensioner then stock

There was a issue keeping the stock tensioner in one piece a decade or so ago when the Magnuson Supercharger became street legal and I was one of them. Was getting a dyno tune and Adam recommended upgrading all the plastic idlers and tensioner to metal ones.
Ended up with the HD Shelby Corbra tensioner on the left, stock center, and auto zone on the right. As you can see, the factory unit was totally abused while the Ford unit still looks the same a decade later. A larger belt is required with this upgrade...

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a issue keeping the stock tensioner in one piece a decade or so ago when the Magnuson Supercharger became street legal and I was one of them. Was getting a dyno tune and Adam recommended upgrading all the plastic idlers and tensioner to metal ones.
Ended up with the HD Shelby Corbra tensioner on the left, stock center, and auto zone on the right. As you can see, the factory unit was totally abused while the Ford unit still looks the same a decade later. A larger belt is required with this upgrade...

HOT ROD ON
Does the Ford unit require any kind of adapter?

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Suggest you hit up the Ford guys with the info below and see if they can place one on the counter for you. It came with the piece on the right side of the tensioner with the round protrusion on it to line things up. Tuner is MIA and sure glad I'm not needing another dyno tune. Looks like this is the best I can do for you so keep us posted on your progress, if any...

1 Printing just above the rectangular box that saye FORD
2 Could be 7R3U-FA on the right side
3 Made in Canada in the oval recess
4 looks like four markings on the bottom

HOT ROD ON

1 - 5 of 5 Posts