Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admitted on the "exterior" forum that I have just purchased my midlife crisis car... Its a 2016 SXT-Plus. I couldn't make the price jump to a Hemi for my frivolous fun car. I would like to make some modifications to the 3.6L to make it sound like a muscle car. Someone at an auto shop recommended an all stainless steel exhaust system from Borla, Magnaflow or Holley Flowmaster. I did not like the sound of the Flowmaster online. Preference of Borla vs. Magnaflow? Does anyone have any other favorites? Anything I need to be aware of? It looks like a straightforward swap of exhaust piping.

Thank you,

Jenny GB

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's the disadvantage of the 3.6 nothing will make it sound like a V8. My previous was an SXT. Good power and mileage but no growl

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I repeatedly hear that the Borla Atak and Solo Performance exhausts are about the best sound you can get from the 2015+ V6 Challengers. I'm sure others will chime in as well. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to get a real V8-like "rumble" from these V6 Challengers though.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I have a Borla cat-back on my R/T and love it. But like others have said, you can make the V6 louder...but won't ever sound like a V8.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts
I can only give personal experience on the Solo, never a V8, but I think it sounds great

A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts