Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of the complainers of notchiness with my daily driver 6 speed manual 2015 R/T plus. I'm looking to see if my warranty can find something to fix, but in the meantime I'd like to try a high performance trans fluid. A lot of people have said Royal Purple is great, Redline D4, Driven STF Synthetic Synchromesh, or even MERCON V ATF, which Ford uses in their manual Tremecs.

Recently I stumbled upon a high performance fluid specifically for Tremec manual transmissions which seems like a safe bet. https://www.tremec-store.com/products/tremec-hp-mtf-transmission-fluid

Wondering if people have had experience with any or all of the above that would pick a favorite. Here's to a smooth as butter shifting experience in my future! :D

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
+1 for Driven STF Trans felt like butter as soon as it was all in.

Not going to get rid of the 2nd gear ghost or anything, but everything else felt good after

Curios about the tremec fluid as well, have to change it again pretty soon

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,873 Posts
Out of curiosity.....is there any information or opinions regarding overfilling the M6 for better shifting ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts