Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, been reading all of the stories of long waits, especially the GWE guys and gals, and almost hate to post this, but I just picked up my SRT from the dealer tonight. Ordered it exactly 4 weeks ago (3/18), and picked up tonight (4/18). I never even called my dealer after ordering, figuring it would take 8-10 weeks. Even he was surprised and can't believe it came in this fast. Was not ready for it at all.

Rushed home, emptied out my Corvette (traded in), gathered up title and all, and then waited for my wife to come home. Quick ride over, and 1/2 hour later, on the way home with my new car. 4 miles on it when picked up, now a whopping 19 miles. I think I figured out how to set pre-set radio stations, tune the radio, change volume, and adjust the streering wheel and seat, but that's about it so far. Actually reading the user guide right now - still can't believe for $46,000 they don't give you a printed owners manual. But oh well.

First impressions from my wife and me - Damn, this is a nice car!!! I only drove an R/T for about 3 miles before, so not much time behind the wheel of a Challenger. Love everything about it so far, looks, feels, sound, ride, everything! Really a good looking car; inside and out. I loved my 07 Corvette, but the seats in this are so much nicer (I actually fit in these, so that helps - and no, I'm not fat, but the Corvette has a very small interior). 730N NAV looks nice, but didn't play with it too much yet.

Took a few pics, hope I get this right. Kind of almost feel bad I got this so quick since some of you have been waiting weeks longer. Anyway, here are a few pics, some in its new home.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Very, very nice!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,796 Posts
How do we know that's not the Vette molded to look like a Challenger? That is an unbelievable record time to get your car in when you considewr I haven't even received a VIN number almost 2 months after I ordered mine lol. Congratulations and Enjoy! That's a sweet ride.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do we know that's not the Vette molded to look like a Challenger? That is an unbelievable record time to get your car in when you considewr I haven't even received a VIN number almost 2 months after I ordered mine lol. Congratulations and Enjoy! That's a sweet ride.:bigthumb:
Yes, that was fast. Hopefully that means that once cars like yours start to actually go into production, it'll be a quick delivery. Maybe they got some of their transportation issues finally resolved, or I just got real lucky! I actually had to scramble to make sure I had enough money in my bank account as I wasn't expecting to have to get it today! But, I'll take it, and its tucked away nice and safe in my garage. Although it barely fits in it - wow this is a big car!

·
Registered
402 Posts
lol - traded in a Vette - that's too awesome.

Nice lookin' ride. Definitely the fastest time I've heard of/seen.

DON'T feel bad because Dodge's priority management & logistics systems are f&#ked up six ways from Sunday. (unless you had a say so in it's development and implementation) ;)

Enjoy it & drive lots!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats man. I can't describe how much I love the color. great choice!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Congrats...You can get a free printed owners manual upon request. You don't even pay shipping. Your nav system will work better with a lock pick and you can get a camera for a few bucks more and actually see when backing up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice! Mine is identical other than the upgraded nav/ sound and I ordered it on 3/3. It's still floating around in limbo however...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the nice words guys. Still not sure how it got here so fast while others are waiting 2-3 times longer. As for the stripes, never been a fan myself, but I'll admit that stripes on a Challenger do look very good (just not for me).

I'm just really excited, actually looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow. Still haven't even popped the hood to check underneath it (car started and got me home, so I assume the engine is there and all)!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats! Nice ride! On week 4 on my TO R/T Classic (D1).

On the quick delivery time, I've been researching the distribution system (Norfolk Southern Automotive Group). Seems like some of the hold ups is just getting out of Brampton, others seems to be in the distribution channel. Wonder if this quick delivery may have to do with being close to a distribution center????

Here is an interesting document about NS and its rail distribution system.

http://www.nscorp.com/nscorphtml/pdf/Customers/ns_auto_distr.pdf

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I got mine in exactly 6 weeks (this was in the fall of 2008 when Challengers were few and far between on dealer lots). I was expecting a 6 month wait. I think it depends on dealer allocation, color, and options...in that order.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride. A four-week delivery time is awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Congrats on the new car and the quick delivery... :thumbsup: :cheers:

My 1st thought on the possible reason for the quick time was:
"Well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while"

Then it dawned on me...
I believe by ordering it "Stripe Delete"...
Your car likely avoided the BLACK HOLE that is the Windsor Ground Effects plant.

ATTA'BOY! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Well, been reading all of the stories of long waits, especially the GWE guys and gals, and almost hate to post this, but I just picked up my SRT from the dealer tonight. Ordered it exactly 4 weeks ago (3/18), and picked up tonight (4/18). I never even called my dealer after ordering, figuring it would take 8-10 weeks. Even he was surprised and can't believe it came in this fast. Was not ready for it at all.
If I'm not mistaken I told you it would probably only take 4 to 5 weeks to arrive. Most of my "sold" non-IE/GWE cars have arrived in about the same amount of time (add 2 weeks to that if striped cars). :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:bigthumb::smokin:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, drove into work today, got a whole 36 miles on the car now. Rides real nice, so much smoother than my Vette. My roads really suck around here, tons of construction and we had one of the worse winters (potholes every where). It is surprising how the car does not feel as big as it is. Really thought it would take me a while to get use to it. Definitely aware of the size, but over time that will fade. Handles nice, steering has a real good feel. I'm definitely going to enjoy this as a my daily driver!!

Got some things setup as I want it, still have lots to play with and setup (phone and such). This really is a very nice interior. Overall better materials than what was in my Vette. Wasn't sure I'd like the white guages, but they are really sharp.

And as luck would have it, raining right now, so after work I'll get to see how the wipers work and how it does in the rain. Well, was going to get wet sooner or later.

Stereo sounds good, although I can't tell the difference between the stereo setting and DDS (surround) setting - sounds the same to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts