Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys... just want some opinions on the before and after. I stitched on a red/black leather wheelskin because I thought the dashboard area needed some type of red to go with the seats... what do you guys think? I plan to also replace the emblem on the passenger side dashboard to be red/black as well... thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Nice! I wanted to do a Wheelskins cover on my MINI but never got around to it. Can you take a couple of close up pics?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are some closeups man.... the red part of the wheelskin is perforated and i wanted that because certain sections of my seats are like that as well so it matches pretty good. i close to have the stitching string to be red, could have been black but i thought red would look better... the attached an extra pic when the lights are dim and its dark, i just think it looks sweet lol

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
ended up doing the wheelskin to match my re/black theme.for a general piece was good quality although the bottom red could have been a little wider but was close enough since was only around $70. fairly easy to put on, but sure gave the fingers a workout pulling the thread tight as possible, but always thought steering wheel was vinyl & not really leather. am pleased with the product over especially for the $$, for more $$ could have an upholster do it perfect but this was good enoguh.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Looks great!
Nice contrast!
I simply love Wheelskins; and have had them on at least 3 of my Cruisers....and will eventually on my Challenger too.

Here's a pic of them on my 2010 Couture Edition Cruiser with Red Katzkin seats.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think that looks awesome.It looks like it came that way which is what you want it to look like.Nate at ReBadge could make you a replacement dash emblem and steering wheel emblem.This what I did to wheel on my 2014 before I traded in on 2015.(I hate the pre-15 steering wheels.They should not have put the minivan wheel in the Challenger).

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
looks great i mean a perfect color match, mine not a perfect match but you can't expect perfect for $70- still early in the game but just love the feel of real leather instead of that imitation stuff all the companies use on steering wheel. like i said for $70, a real impact upgrade of interior. the other inexpensive upgrade was upgrading map lights to leds. love them as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts