Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What says you? Honing in on a potential candidate, but it has red interior and quite a distance away. Anyone with the red interior like it? I'm conflicted here...kinda cool, but damn...why not black? Got pics or opinions on the matter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What says you? Honing in on a potential candidate, but it has red interior and quite a distance away. Anyone with the red interior like it? I'm conflicted here...kinda cool, but damn...why not black? Got pics or opinions on the matter.
I was just in your situation. Not too many SRT with manual transmission to be had and one had the red interior. I almost didn't make the drive because of how it looked on the dealer website pics. It looked like a shiny red super flashy interior but I took the chance and took the drive. I'm not sure if it changed between the years but I absolutely loved it when I saw it in person. Mine is more like a burnt orange/red and not shiny or too flashy at all. I've had lots of compliments on it as well in the 2 weeks I've owned it. Mine is a 2018 so maybe someone can comment whether or not it is the same interior.

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
It’s a different interior

I loved the idea of the red interior, but I thought it was a much better execution in the 15+, mostly due to the fact that in the pre 15s it’s really just red seats and imo it looks a little bit like an afterthought. In the 15+s they tie the red into the interior panels.

Personally I would recommend that the op goes and checks the car out in person. You might really like the interior as it is. And if you don’t, but you fall in love with the rest of the car, you can always order Katzkin seat covers and have the red swapped out.

The 2011-14 srt is a very cool car and I would not over look one just because of the seat color or condition.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Here are photos of the Radar Red on my '13 R/T. I've wanted a Black car with Red interior ever since I saw a buddy's 67 Chevelle SS Convertible, back in the 80's.

I love them. They're more subdued red than some, but I tied some exterior badging into the red colored interior for some subtle styling cues. I love them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
Be honest with you Ive never really cared for the red, to me its always either the wrong shade of red and or is just to much of it. IMO also will give it a dated look a lot quicker. IMVHO I think the red or any other color for that matter would look good if it were more tastefully done, instead of full panels, maybe make red stitching or accents pieces or even emblems.

If your going to do it red interior only belong in a black car or a maybe even red.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Be honest with you Ive never really cared for the red, to me its always either the wrong shade of red and or is just to much of it. IMO also will give it a dated look a lot quicker. IMVHO I think the red or any other color for that matter would look good if it were more tastefully done, instead of full panels, maybe make red stitching or accents pieces or even emblems.

If your going to do it red interior only belong in a black car or a maybe even red.
Yeah but that "dated" or "vintage" look is specifically what some people are going for. That's why some people still run chrome wheels or add chrome bumpers to their Challengers (not my thing though) Agree the Red interior normally only looks "right" in Black or Red cars, but I've seen it in white cars and silver Cars (with red exterior accents or stripes) and it's pretty nice. I have red interior on my Red/Black RAM Rebel as well.

This weekend I saw a 13 R/T Classic in PCP with white R/T stripes, White leather interior and chrome wheels. Looked like something out of 1970. Pretty awesome.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
to each their own. The reds ive seen not only in challenger but in Camaro or mustang just more than anything look off and cheesy, Camaro went with plastic door panels in the 5th gen that were ugly. Just again think its the wrong color and to much at times.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
That's not a red interior. THIS is a red interior!

A Guy >:)

Reactions: Shotgun

·
Registered
148 Posts
My '14 Torred Shaker car looked great with the radar red interior. But it had more black (shaker, stripes, seat sides, etc...) to offset the red and make the car look good. Also it was a different shade the the new Demonic red. Demonic red interior on a Torred car for me seemed too much. I bet it would look great on a black car though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts