Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger SPWB Shaker 6spd
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 SPWB 6spd 850 miles...

Today I took about a 25 mile rip down the highway, in sport, at 75-felonious speeds.. pulled off exit and sat in stop and go for about 2mins until I got to a roundabout. I went about half way around in 1st and when my exit came about I goosed it, shot sideways, and just as I straightened out and shifted to 2nd a big red square flashed on the dash. Any idea? I know it’s vague but the shift lamp doesn’t work (same issue with other WB 6spd owners) and I wasn’t in position to catch what it said.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
379 Posts
When you start the car all the dash lights come on to test them. Take a picture of that, draw an arrow to the one you mean?

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger SPWB Shaker 6spd
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything has always looked perfect. This was a large red rectangle at the bottom of the very center of the screen between RPM and Speedo. Right about where ODO is.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Like this?

A Guy

·
Registered
16,206 Posts
Yep that was the elusive shift light!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
A proper shift light doesn’t make you look down away from the road, it’s above the dash. Maybe a really smart lawyer will make a boatload of money when someone wrecks because they were looking for the shift light and not straight ahead.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
So that's all it takes to get the light to work, get it sideways? Why didn't they tell us?
Can't believe I didn't think of it on my own! :LOL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts