Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I race my SE but it seems when I need to "get on it" it doesn't want to shift until it get's to "red line".....manually shifting it does nothing unless I'm driving normal. Under hard acceleration if I manually shift, it still doesn't change gears until a higher rev then what I think it should be pulling.

This is really not something that I can tell my dealer....lol... So I was hoping someone may know something I can DIY.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Not that I race my SE but it seems when I need to "get on it" it doesn't want to shift until it get's to "red line".....manually shifting it does nothing unless I'm driving normal. Under hard acceleration if I manually shift, it still doesn't change gears until a higher rev then what I think it should be pulling.

This is really not something that I can tell my dealer....lol... So I was hoping someone may know something I can DIY.

Thanks,
Steve
I'm not sure what exactly your reason for wanting to shift early if you're flooring it. Its not shifting till Red Line for a reason, its using all that power to get the car going as fast as possible. If thats not what you want, use less foot.

If you want more tranny control, get a predator and use the auto-upshift disable. It turn the transmission to a mode where you actual to control exact shift points, even if you are flooring it, it will upshift or downshift right when you tap it.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
well when I took mine down the track, it wouldnt shift till redline either. but with this engine that is a good thing, most of the power that this engine genrates is at high RPM'S.

Mine didnt shift to 3rd till I crossed the finish line. 15.991 at 88mph

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok...so then I'll take this as normal....thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts