Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Red - because Black is such a PITA to keep clean and looking nice.

Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
BLACK!!! Keeping it spotless is half the fun. (unless its a daily driver) Red is also pretty bad a$$, as long as theres no hood decal. JMO

·
Banned
863 Posts
You cant go wrong with either but when I saw a Torred SRT with flat black stripes at a car show...my jaw dropped....and I don't even like Red cars... ?????

·
Registered
891 Posts
Red. Two reasons:

1) I like high impact bright colours. The boring 'BMW colours' (black, white, silver, dark blue) just don't work for me on a Muscle car.

2) The metallic they put in the black is just wrong. When you look at it up close in the sun, it doesn't even look like black. Looks like metallic silver/grey with black in it or something?!?

Both opinions are only worth about 2 cents each...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Black...Nothing looks better than a black car when it's clean!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would choose black. It's the only car color that I have not owned yet, but the brilliant black is sweet!

·
Registered
323 Posts
gotta go with Red! Love the Redline more and more every day! TorRed is awesome too!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
If it's a daily driver get red, trust me.

If you take it out here and there, and don't use it too much, go with black! Black looks the best clean.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well considering that since the tsunami in Japan, certain paint colors are not being made and brilliant black is one of them. Red may be your only choice.

·
Super Moderator
14,717 Posts
Get red. Although the Challenger looks mean in black but you will quickly tire of cleaning it every day. Also, black shows every scratch and swirl mark.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Red. Two reasons:

1) I like high impact bright colours. The boring 'BMW colours' (black, white, silver, dark blue) just don't work for me on a Muscle car.

2) The metallic they put in the black is just wrong. When you look at it up close in the sun, it doesn't even look like black. Looks like metallic silver/grey with black in it or something?!?

Both opinions are only worth about 2 cents each...
I did choose and with the brilliant black. Looks much meaner and when clean is sure an eyesight. Red was my other option as I was in your shoes, but at the dealer the black looked much better to me. As for the quote above this is not true. Up close it looks black, just like far away. And has speckles of other colors to make it really shine. The black is the main coat. The speckles give it the "brilliant" color. Not the other way around. Get black. As long as you plan on washing it once a week if youre a daily driver like I am.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Once a week? Pffft try twice a week as a DD minimum or maybe that's just my OCD. My black R/T had to be washed every Wednesday and Saturday/Sunday. Black looks wicked on these cars but it is a pain in the MF a$$ to keep clean. I came from a silver 3 series BMW (silver hides EVERYTHING). The Challenger being bigger and black I was cleaning almost 3 times as often as the Bimmer.

If you get black STAY AWAY FROM HARD WATER (this is true with all cars, but darker colors more so) I went to visit a family member who lives in a rural area (well water). His son turned the sprinkler on before going to bed. When I came outside in the morning the whole car had been misted with hard water all night. Lets just say the detailer got a good payday for all those damn water spots that by some almighty power etched their way into the clear coat in a 10 hour time period.

Rant aside, black is amazing on the Challenger. I would only do it again if it was a weekend car kept inside when not in use. My SRT8 now is Torred and they do look awesome when you throw some black accents on em. I was originally going to get Torred when I ordered my R/T but from pictures I was seeing Torred and Hemi Orange looked very very close. Well thats just not true, they are their own distinct colors.

Sorry about my long tangent. Summary black=weekend, red=dd. JMO Really as long as it's a challenger you could paint it in puke and it'd look better than the other cars on the road.

·
Registered
764 Posts
For 2011 the only red is a $1000 option. If my only choices were red and black I'd fork over the grand. But I currently have a black car and want something more unique. I know as far as 'real colors' go, red is probably the least unique, but still better than black. Brilliant black is the number one selling Challenger color.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There is nothing hotter then Black in the snow... And Red on the strip is the coolest!!!

For me we get more summer then winter here in va beach so I'd go with Red. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I hate black because you have to work to keep it clean. just washed my black challenger this evening and I do daily drive it. no better color when they are clean for 6 minutes.

·
Registered
2009 SRT8-Torred
155 Posts
I'm for the red, but as you can see by the picture I'm probably a little bit bias.:browsmiley:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts