Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Company sources have told Mopar Insiders a redesigned Challenger will not enter production until late 2022 and the current model may continue to be built alongside the new coupe through the 2023 model year, following the same strategy employed for the JK/JL-generation Jeep Wrangler and other models.

For more details, see:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,512 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Company sources have told Mopar Insiders a redesigned Challenger will not enter production until late 2022 and the current model may continue to be built alongside the new coupe through the 2023 model year, following the same strategy employed for the JK/JL-generation Jeep Wrangler and other models.

For more details, see:

Dodge did something similar in 1978. The 1978 Magnum was going to be called "Charger" but they did not know how the new design would go over so they kept the Charger as is for 1978 and called the new Charger design Magnum, of course the refreshed Magnum out sold the aged Charger SE (although mechanically identical) and in 1979 the Charger nameplate was retired. Do you think that could happen to the Challenger nameplate?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm sorry, but I think it would be hard to improve on perfection. The current build design is pretty damn close to the original 1970 / 1973 versions of the car and has attracted young and older drivers alike. Although the Mustang and Camaro have attempted to recapture their customer base with a similar marketing strategy / vehicle re-designs, in my opinion, they fell short big time of the retro look and performance parameters. Dodge's go big or go home attitude with the release of the Hellcat and Demon put them head and shoulders above the competition. The only improvement I could see is to make a factory convertible. If that happens, I would make room in the garage for Challenger #2.....LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hope they eclipse the current product.. I would be thrilled if they somehow built something that would make me give up my current challenger..

a little slimming, an adjusted grill and tail light revision..

·
Super Moderator
14,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope they eclipse the current product.. I would be thrilled if they somehow built something that would make me give up my current challenger..a little slimming, an adjusted grill and tail light revision..
I agree. Although Dodge has done a remarkable job coming out with new appearance and engine packages, the Challenger is getting long in the tooth. After 13 years, something new and exciting is necessary, like when the Challenger was introduced in 2008 (see the 13:44 minute mark of the following video).

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm all for the Challenger to go on hiatus. There are so many out there it's like being in Germany in the 60's and all you saw on the autobahn were VW Bugs

They need to bring back the Roadrunner with a 426 cu. in., 600HP engine.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm pretty sure you meant 2220 instead of 2022... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts