Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Redeye Hellcat Crate Engine in Stock!!!!!!!!!

6K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  stevewhite 
#1 ·
#18 ·
For the redeye hellcat crate engine.... would the exiting exhaust mount directly to the exhaust on a 2020 Chanllenger? What about tuning.... wouldn't there need to be a different tune going from a 6.4 to the redeye hellcat crate engine? Take it to the dealer and let them download the tune?

#21 ·
technically exactly the same fitment, but that's not the issue

1-you need a cooling system for the supercharger

2-you need a oil cooler system for the engine

3- custom tuning for the pcm

4-need a way to control the bypass, electronic bypass, requires a stand alone system that we can provide.....

the front fascia on a non Hellcat is too tight to install all the components from the HC and very expensive to source all the needed components, easier to go aftermarket, but you will still spend easily 2 to 4k in supercharger cooling system and probably 1k in oil cooler system, electronic bypass 1500 and that's assuming you can do all the work yourself

next issue

may or may not be emission compliant and depending where you live, that can be a major issue

next, resale value, because you spent well over 30k, does not mean you r/t or scat is worth 30k more, in fact may be worth much less, value of an item is always what someone is willing to pay and most people will not pay premium for a heavily modified vehicle, people are afraid of them and the issues that may come with them

#19 ·
Is this pre-1976 only Luke?

“2021 marks the year that Dodge is distilled to a pure performance brand with 700+ horsepower models available across the entire Dodge lineup,” said Tim Kuniskis, Global Head of Alfa Romeo and Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “The new 807-horsepower Hellcrate Redeye crate engine gives any pre-1976 vehicle owner another opportunity to become a member of the Dodge Brotherhood of Muscle by tapping into the Dodge//SRT power that wasn't available then, but is now.”

A Guy

#23 ·
FCA is offering these crate motors as pre 80 application, and most of the older Mopars, can be adapted easier since no modern electronics to contend with

and most of the older, Chargers, Coronet etc, have massive engine bays, which make it much easier to fit components to support the engine

#25 ·
Wow! That all makes so much sense or take your 6.4 & build it to keep it. The ins will be lower (almost $600 compared to $900 for 6 months) & I don't live in a state that checks emissions. I keep everything till it dies then I just bring it back to life lol.

For exactly what this is intended for it would be awesome. Not for a new car unless u get a hellcat with a blown engine for cheap...ish. lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Do they make long tube headers for these that will work in a "B" or "E" body? (Those engine compartments are identical). "A" Body headers? "F", "J" , "M" body?
What about "K" bodies, think rear wheel drive 80's Daytona, A tribute to the ARCA cars or IROC Daytona.
RWD Steath R/T or Mitubishi GT would be pretty cool but you would lose the AWD, if you could keep the All Wheel Steering, that was pretty neat.

#32 ·
That's not an LS its a 440 anyway. Distributor is in the front & the intake is wrong for a LS.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
yes I know, I was not going to post this article or the video I came across on YouTube....
LS in a Mopar is an Abortion! But if you must see it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.