Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of the Rallye wheels. You got this big huge car on those tiny little wheels. It looks like a body builder with a huge upper body than those tiny "chicken legs."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I like them well enough, but I'd love to see a Rallye with stripes and the Super Sport package to see how it looks with those wheels. I haven't been able to find a picture in any color.

I don't think 18's could be considered small; the black paint might just make them look that way. Besides, it accomplishes the retro look.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
agreed...that SE looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Love the Rallye pkg, does anyone know if there is a mopar CAI for the new pentastar engine???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got that exact paint scheme on my 2010 SE/G. The truth is, I could have bought a Hemi, but they didn't offer it in this color, and I think the Rallye wheels look much better on the Challenger than the 20 inchers do on the R/T. They look much closer to the original wheels that came on the '70, enough so that I've often had people mistake it for the original Challenger. Add to that, it rides much nicer due to the tall sidewall tires. Sure, it handles like a barge, but it's smooooth on the highway.

Now it looks like they're going to offer this color in the R/T, and given the lack of low end response on the 3.5 V6, I'm wishing I had waited. I still love the car though!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks for the photos, Raven. The new red is half way between the Torred and the Inferno. I wonder how close it is to the 66 Coronet 440 red which I was trying to duplicate as that was my first real love after I turned 16. My mom had one for a year and then she got one for me for a few weeks. (We were a dealer).

Are those the same Rallye wheels as the 2010's? I didn't like them on the Torred, but they look fine in these photos. Should have got the Rallye car, but it had the two tone seats. Oh, well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
its a nice shade. still love our Inferno Red, tho...

i dont like the ralley wheels, either. i'd rather see an honest remake of the the steel ralleys (similar to what Foose did on the Overhaulin' Challenger, but not that cRaZy) or a set of 18" or 20" cragar style.. or just the 20" r/t classic wheel. to me, that wheel looks more retro than what they're putting on it. If you look at the Foose Hemis Fear, THAT car even uses a design similar to the "real" retro muscle cars. I guess thats the Foose Nitro wheel?

hell, they'd save money too on contracts, tooling, r&d...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I guess I shied away from it due to the painted areas. It was just a regular wheel painted black to look like it was hollow.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Local dealer has 2 2011 Rallye edition SEs with the SS/T package. Stripes and 20" chrome clad wheels. Will try to get a couple of pictures and post here. One is blackberry pearl w/ white stripes and other is bright white w/ black stripes. I'm not a fan of 20" chrome clads, I like the Rallye wheels much better. And the sticker is only $33,440.00 for SE with SS/T package and all options.

·
Registered
133 Posts
R/T's sticker for about that price.:scratchhead:

Local dealer has 2 2011 Rallye edition SEs with the SS/T package. Stripes and 20" chrome clad wheels. Will try to get a couple of pictures and post here. One is blackberry pearl w/ white stripes and other is bright white w/ black stripes. I'm not a fan of 20" chrome clads, I like the Rallye wheels much better. And the sticker is only $33,440.00 for SE with SS/T package and all options.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I think the Rallye wheels look fine...put a Hotchkis or Eibach suspension on it and they fill up the wheel wells just fine. Lisa at Speedlogix even had hear rear set widened for wider tires...looks fine to me without having to resort to wagon wheels.

The rallye wheels look good on this Challenger.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yes, it really pops on the black. I like.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I am 100% a red car person and own a TorRed 09 SE... I love, love, love the new Redline Red color... however... I would be hard pressed to pay the $995 premium for a red car.

I really like the Rallye wheels but the Rallye Edition was not available when I bought my car. I ended up going with 20" Torq Thrust wheels as I think it fills out the wheel well better... just my personal taste though.

I have to say though 33k for a loaded SE is pretty high.... Some day I will test drive a new one to see the difference in handling and engine.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of the Rallye wheels. You got this big huge car on those tiny little wheels. It looks like a body builder with a huge upper body than those tiny "chicken legs."
Personally I think the 18's look good and are much more fitting for a retro car than 20's or 22's, but to each his/her own.

Perhaps this is more your style?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have also seen that done to old law enforcement crown vics. :disgust:

Personally I think the 18's look good and are much more fitting for a retro car than 20's or 22's, but to each his/her own.

Perhaps this is more your style?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts