Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out their OEM manual trans and rear differential fluids with Redline products yet? I had excellent results with Redline products in the Camaro SS I used to own so I'm curious about any success stories on the new Scat Pack cars.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I changed the rear differential fluid in my Scat Pack at 1,500 miles to Redline 75w85. The factory fluid was very clean for a differential after break in.

My Scat Pack differential has whined since day 1 from the factory and I'm not alone with that. I thought a better fluid might help. I have come to realize that the whine is worse until the car warms up and then it gradually decreases.

I would use Redline C+ for the transmission. I used this in my 2014 R/T 6M. Should hold right around 4 quarts. It did help somewhat with the notchy second gear.

As for engine oil... I would stick with Pennzoil Ultra 0w40. This is the best oil made for the 6.4L and is a superior oil in general to Mobil 1 etc,.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I changed the rear differential fluid in my Scat Pack at 1,500 miles to Redline 75w85. The factory fluid was very clean for a differential after break in.

My Scat Pack differential has whined since day 1 from the factory and I'm not alone with that. I thought a better fluid might help. I have come to realize that the whine is worse until the car warms up and then it gradually decreases.

I would use Redline C+ for the transmission. I used this in my 2014 R/T 6M. Should hold right around 4 quarts. It did help somewhat with the notchy second gear.

As for engine oil... I would stick with Pennzoil Ultra 0w40. This is the best oil made for the 6.4L and is a superior oil in general to Mobil 1 etc,.
Did the redline fluid help with cold shifting? I get a nibble in 3rd and 4th when its cold out and the car is cold.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
There's a TSB for the whine (updated driveshaft) and removing the clutch restrictor/CDV is virtually guaranteed to get rid of the cold nibble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,293 Posts

Do you have any oil analysis data for the Pennzoil Ultra?

·
Registered
50 Posts
There's a TSB for the whine (updated driveshaft) and removing the clutch restrictor/CDV is virtually guaranteed to get rid of the cold nibble.

Already removed the CDV. Still does it when cold, very rarely. Other than that at normal temp driving it acts perfectly normal. Redline says that their c+ fluid helps with cold shifting.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Already removed the CDV. Still does it when cold, very rarely. Other than that at normal temp driving it acts perfectly normal. Redline says that their c+ fluid helps with cold shifting.
I bet it's that cold sticky grease on the input shaft causing your issue.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts

I ran that in my last 6-speed to try and fix the 1-2 cold shift nibble, it helped a little but didn't cure it. Hope it works for you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lets hope it helps. Doing the swap tomorrow. I took out the CDV a while ago clutch feels better but I still get the nibble in cold weather. Only when the car has been sitting 8+ hours overnight in cold weather. Other than that once warmed up the tranny works perfectly not one issue. Kind of wierd. I''ll be putting in the fluid tomorrow i'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are their any negative side effects to taking out the CDV? Also what is this sticky grease on the input shaft and how do I get that fixed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts