Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Trying to get my wife to take tomorrow off so we can go close this deal. The wait till Saturday is killing me. Thanks for everyone who has contributed to the thread, I appreciate all the pictures. Keep them coming.

·
Registered
552 Posts
One more for you. In my opinion, this is a very accurate picture of redline red pearl. This is not my car. No credit taken. The color really pops in the sunshine, which we don't get too much of here in the PacNW. It has no maroon in it at all.
Thanks for posting a pic of my car!

Yes,Redline is a difficult color for photographing as the pearl metallic fools the camera's color sensor, but it's really a deep pearl red. It's blood red in the shade, but a bright candy metallic in the sun. When I took that pic, that was the sunny side...then I went around the car and took the shady side to show how the color changes.

TorRed is a non-metallic solid red, with a bit of an orange component to it.

I've attached a couple more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love my Redline Red Challenger. However, if you want a red that pops all the time and there is a lot of rain where you live like you mentioned, perhaps Torred would suit you more.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love my Redline Red Challenger. However, if you want a red that pops all the time and there is a lot of rain where you live like you mentioned, perhaps Torred would suit you more.
I love the way the color changes depending on light, and it does attract attention regardless of the lighting. Just Friday, leaving a parking garage, the young woman attendant in the booth was gushing about how "beautiful" my car is.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
as you can see from my license plate I prefer TorRed

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
as you can see from my license plate I prefer TorRed

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm glad you didn't put a rear spoiler on your car. That would have taken away from your hockey stripes. Your car really looks good. :wink3:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm glad you didn't put a rear spoiler on your car. That would have taken away from your hockey stripes. Your car really looks good. :wink3:

I have been on the fence about adding this spoiler...of course I would add L.E.D. accents so it would not look cheesy :wink3:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Love the TorRed color. I want to add a Challenger HC to the family and it would certainly be TorRed for me.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have the Redline on mine and love it. I love the Torred too. They are both unique in their own way. The Redline looks dark in the shade but gets bright in the sun. When the sun reflects toward you it POPS due to the flake and pearl. It is almost like having three colors in one. It is absolutely beautiful but to be honest if I had the Torred I probably would like it just as much.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My wife and I have a deal pending on a 2015 Challenger that we have not seen in person yet. The window sticker states that it is Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl. The photos I have seen of the car are beautiful and it is exactly what we are looking for. I have photos of the car in bright light as well as overcast rain and they look good.

However, I'm really confused. When I look at the color sample on the Dodge website the samples make the car look almost Maroon or really dark red. And on the website the Tor Red sample looks more like the actual photos of the car.

Can any of you owners of these two colors post photos or tell me your impression of the website color vs real life?

Ideally I would go look at the car but I can't do that until Saturday at the earliest. Again the photos of it look beautiful and I don't really care what the name of the color is. I'm just confused when I compare it to the website.
Obviously if we get there and the color is just unacceptable in real life we will move on to something different. I can't imagine ordering a car based on the color samples on the Dodge site.
As already stated the Torred has a orange tint to it. Keep in mind unless you have a color calibrated monitor, you will not see the true color that you are looking at on a computer. I have seen the the Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl and it is a beautiful color. You won't be disappointed with it. In fact it would be my third choice, with Plum Crazy first and B5 blue second.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know why some pictures show the Redline looking more of a burgundy color. Here is my Redline along with my Ranger, which is Redfire, a darker red but not anywhere near burgundy.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't know why some pictures show the Redline looking more of a burgundy color. Here is my Redline along with my Ranger, which is Redfire, a darker red but not anywhere near burgundy.
Because they are in the shade. Makes it look a lot darker

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Nobody mentioned the most important part. Redline is the faster of the two.

:grin2::grin2::grin2:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts