Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking a test drive of the new pentastar v6 (free $25!) and just so happen I took my Torred and someone drove in with a Inferno next to me. So I drove the Redline tester right next to get a shot of all 3 reds together! Anyways the new Redline looks really close to Inferno, i would say more than 90% match under direct sunlight. Its just a tad lighter than the Inferno. It would really take a trained eye and both of them next to each other to tell the difference. I only had my camera phone with me so the pics are pretty bad (I knew i should took my SLR with me).

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was taking a test drive of the new pentastar v6 (free $25!) and just so happen I took my Torred and someone drove in with a Inferno next to me. So I drove the Redline tester right next to get a shot of all 3 reds together! Anyways the new Redline looks really close to Inferno, i would say more than 90% match under direct sunlight. Its just a tad lighter than the Inferno. It would really take a trained eye and both of them next to each other to tell the difference. I only had my camera phone with me so the pics are pretty bad (I knew i should took my SLR with me).
Maaaan... TorRed ALL DAY LONG.

As I posted in another thread, the 2011 colours suck (with the exception of Green with Envy).

They just don't stand out enough for a car like the Challenger.

That is not to say they aren't NICE colours, but they should POP like DY, PC, FF, TR or HO.

2011 is clearly the year for people wanting sleepers.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I love the Inferno color, it would be my second choice behind HO. In person it looks mean, hearkens back to the 70's, and you don't see many of them.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Good pix with the 3 side by side. I was able to pick out the colors in pix without difficulty. I am digging the Redline. It is a bit darker / less orange than the Tor Red but noticeably lighter than Inferno. In the shadow Redline looks like a darker red, but it is bright in the sunlight, see contrast between shadows on back and side of car in first thumbnail. There is also more metallic in the Redline than I was expecting, and liked the look. See 2nd thumbnail.

P.S. The one thing that is indisputable: Redline is the most expensive color!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The Torred looks Orange compared to the other two. I like the Redline but would be hard pressed to pay the $995 premium they charge for it. However, out of the 2011 colors I would consider are Redline and Toxic Orange. I like them, but I don't love them like I did B5, DTY, HO, and PCP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love the Inferno color, it would be my second choice behind HO. In person it looks mean, hearkens back to the 70's, and you don't see many of them.
I was set to buy the dwb , third dealer i went to had an inferno red on the floor , fell in love on the spot . Walked out of the dealer saying to myself - did i just buy the red one ?

·
Banned
863 Posts
All are great reds. I lean towards Redline because in the sun, the color explodes into a Torred type color, and in shade looks more like inferno. I don't even like red cars but when I saw a Torred with flat black stripes at a car show, I said WOW. You can't go wrong with any of these reds. They look sexy tuff.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Don't get me wrong; I love red cars. I had a red '73 Duster 340 back in the day. I got pulled over more times in that car that all the rest of the cars I have ever owned. I call red cars, "Speeding Ticket Red". Who am I kidding; I drive a "Pink" car. What's more noticeable than that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really miss the islands!!!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Torred every time.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
When looking to by I wanted something a little different than the numerous Orange or Black.I was leaning towards Torred until one sunny day I spotted an Inferno Red popping in the bright light.I was sold on the spot.

I thought if I was considering Torred at all after having seen the Inferno Red I may as well just get the Hemi Orange.

The Redline I like as well and if buying a 2011 I would consider buying one in this color.

Having said all that,...If I knew in 2009 that Dodge was 100% sure they were going to offer the Plum Crazy Purple in 2010 and that they were only going to run it for one model year,...well,...yes,I would have waited and ordered a PCP R/T.

But,...I'm not dead yet and there will always be one for sale,...somewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts