Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since they (I think) didn't change the actual sheet metal of the '15 Challenger, couldn't they have been putting the 8 speed in since they first went to it in 2011 v6 model 300s and Chargers? We were told they had to change the tunnel to make it fit which I would have thought meant a whole new "frame up" car but obviously it's the same car with just new front and rear clips plus the interior.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The floor pan might have changed for the 8 speed though which wouldn't be easy to tell right now. My guess is as part of the interior redesign changing the floor pan was going to happen anyways so they kill two birds with one stone.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The outside sheet metal is the same, however the underside of the car is completely different, including the suspension components. Also, the electrical architecture of the car is completely different, now updated to match the Charger/300. I'm sure that ties in to the transmission modules too.

Reactions: DougandMichelle

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good info for sure. The wiring problem could also explain why the v8 Chargers and 300s didn't get the 8 speed at first too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts