Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post this here guys, but members on the Cummins forum are RUDE.
I have a 94 Dodge ram 2500 cummins with a 47RH auto transmission 2wd.
The reverse lights do not work. I ran a jumper wire from the Neutral safety switch connector and was able to get my reverse lights to work. What are the chances my shift linkage could cause my neutral safety switch not to work? Yes I have a Haynes manual but not a FSM.
I'm planning on buying a NSS but it would be pointless unless the linkage is okay.. truck starts in park or Reverse. Not any other gear like normal. Truck also shifts fine. Could it still be the linkage? Or the switch?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Well, your truck shouldn't start in reverse for one. But as far as your reverse light, I think it's the switch.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Doesn't answer your question, but I've been a member of Turbo Diesel Register for many years. Great folks in there...good luck fixing your issue

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: dylanedurr92

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did a Cummins conversion in my 77 Dodge Ramcharger with a 46rh and NP241 transfer case. My reverse lights didn't work after the conversion as well. I replaced the NSS and they still don't work. I must have goofed up the wiring as I was pushing new fuel lines back to the tank. Parking and brake lights work just fine though. I'm not terribly concerned about it for the time being. I'll look at it in the Spring.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crazy thing now is, I get reverse lights from park to reverse.. not from neutral to reverse... Haha.. weird.. sometimes it won't work from park to reverse haha.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts