Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I got a Loose Gas Cap message about 2 days after I had the emissions evaporative canister replaced under recall back in January. I removed the codes (P0456/P0457) indicating a minor vacuum leak. They returned later that day. I purchased a new gas cap even though I saw nothing wrong with the original cap. The code kept reappearing. I went back to the dealership and asked if they would check to ensure the 2 quick connects for the hoses at the canister were installed correctly. "Well, we'll have to run diagnostic codes first to see what the issues are." That sounds like money from my pocket to their pocket. All I wanted them to do was verify their work and all the service writer wanted to do was run codes. I live in a condo complex and cannot work on the car in the parking lot. In about 7 weeks when we return to our summer home (with a garage), I'll pull the wheel and splash shield and make the connection properly. I tell you all this because I've been without remote start for 2 months now and won't have it for another 7 weeks. Yes, CEL eliminates remote start. :mad:

Reactions: GhostXCaliber
1 - 1 of 1 Posts