Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed if I remote start my car, then BEFORE I push the Start button if I blip the throttle quickly to 2000RPM and let it off quickly the engine will die, if I do it slowly it won't die. If I blip it after I push the Start button all is well, anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think its a security feature. Notice some of the electrical items don't work until after you push the start button as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
321 Posts
security feature.... You have a smart key....Its So nobody can just jump in your car and take off when you do a remote start( and the are already in your car )....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Same thing happens if you were to pop the hood.. absolutely normal. Scared the crap outta me though when i reved the engine after exhaust install lol

14 Blacktop R/T

·
Registered
246 Posts
Same thing happens if you were to pop the hood.. absolutely normal. Scared the crap outta me though when i reved the engine after exhaust install lol

14 Blacktop R/T
This EXACT thing happened to me last night... Freaked me the F out.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Or step on the brake if I remember correctly the time or two I played with the remote start. Haven't used since 2009 though. I had read all the Internet BS about people stealing the cars after remote start and I had to check it for myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts