Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I picked up my 392 on Saturday and she's very sensitive. I tried at least 26 times tonight to start it with the key but every time it would just honk the horn once and lock the doors. What could be the real problem here because I'm sick of hearing her honk at me at this point lol.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Did you push the button 2 times in like 5 seconds. That's what mine likes but it's not new like yours. you might want to make sure it's turned on in the EVIC too. I think it can be disabled in the personal settings.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did press it twice within 5 seconds. I was messing with the settings earlier today but only going through the performance features. Any idea which menu it would be under?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't really think it needs reflashing because it was working fine yesterday, and the day I bought it. I think it attempted to start up once during that time but I accidentally pressed the button again so it canceled the start.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
No it's not in the personal settings. I think mine yelled at me once when I tried to start it more than 2 times without using the regular start. You have started it without the remote haven't you?

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
If it is like my charger: you have to start with your doors locked. Hit the button twice. I time the button pushes between the tail light flashes. It will only auto start two times in a row before you have to start it with the key. Then the cycle starts over with two auto starts.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I'd PM S/S Dodge, he would be the person to ask. In my eyes he is the most knowledgeable about the remote start. But yours is a 392, so he might not know as much about that. It's still worth a try though. Good luck!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I'll check the settings when I get home. I have started it with the remote start before, idk why it's not working now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Even if doors locked, Lock doors, hit the start button twice, should work. If it dosnet start after two times of trying, have to start it in the car. Sort of a reset.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that the issue was with the signals between lock and start crossing. I think that if I take the fob out of range that it resets as well and works. It worked both times when I tried it today so it's just sensitive I'm guessing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All, this happened to me, 2 trips to the dealer. They updated/flashed everything they could. Read the error codes, it was showing hood open, replaced switch still same problem. Finally they disabled and re-enabled remote start from the computer hooked up to the car, like resetting the database check box, and all works fine now. Starts every time. I have a '10 SRT.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
...my 2010 has the same problem as well as a random "key fob not detected" error. Hopefully, they will have a reflash for it when I take it in for a recall in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts