Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 rt anyone having issues with very inconsistent remote start. I may try 15 times before the car will start using remote. Rarely will it start on first attempt. Of course the dealer doesn't have any problems.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I have a 2012 and starts first time every time and my in law has a 2011 SRT with no problems. It might be a fob problem( low battery maybe) just a guess

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had that problem take the cover off the push button start an put the fob in so they can commucate to each other and just let it set in there a couple of mins. I had one fob that worked bad an after that works great. Dealer has tried this on other cars & trucks an seams to fix the problem good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darv, I appreciate that will do tonight. I had to do that when car wouldn't start with pushbutton. CK

·
Registered
806 Posts
My 2010 did that...the dealer replaced some sort of control module in the dash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, in maybe 3 weeks I'll be very happy owner of RT 2016, and my question is:
Is the remote start in every unit or that is one of opition buying new car?
In my challenger it doesn't work but I'm buying it damaged so as I red that remote start need all in good condition, and my at this point is in bed condition 😊, So Just wanna know if its standard.
Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
The remote start usually an option until you get to higher trims. Is it a base R/T or an R/T Plus?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
First of all, thank You for reply.
So it is possible that in my RT that remote start is available but doesn't work after some damage errors...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The remote start usually an option until you get to higher trims. Is it a base R/T or an R/T Plus?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sorry it was late where I live so didn't catch Your words, I think it's a base model, no leather no alcantara, all I know at this point it have rear view camera .

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A3003 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
818 Posts
Does it have the pin under the hood? That is one way to tell a remote start car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts