Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I wanna say S/S Dodge or Matrix looked into this. :scratchhead:

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
my dealer service manager says it can be done, the kit is about $200 and the labor was about $80. all they would have to do after the install is set it with the computer scanner.

you get new key fobs when you do this.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I was looking at the aftermarkets but found the factory one on e-bay and thought I could install it myself. It said WARNING: Remote Start (XBM) can ONLY be installed on vehicles that have the following factory options: Automatic Transmission Remote Keyless Entry Immobilizer.

So I was curious if anyone knew if my 2010 had this.

Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
I get my remote starter installed tomorrow, 12/14, its $205 for the kit plus installation. cant wait, its cold out there in the mornings !

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2010SEblack...is that the factory one or aftermarket? Let us know what they get for the installation.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Banned
1,340 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Please let me know and or PM me after your is installed. I need this for my wifes car.

I know the Dealer has to enable it and I saw that ebay kit a long time ago, but need to know for sure it will work in a non evic SE car thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
2010SEblack...is that the factory one or aftermarket? Let us know what they get for the installation.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

This is the factory remote starter kit for $205, I ordered it from my local dealer. I will post the labor charge later today once its completed.....

Mike.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok...thanks... Today it was so cold that the auto down windows were frozen so it was tuff getting the door to close.... I had to close the door for my wife from the outside by the glass so it would slide under and into position......ugh.....

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
I am VERY interested in this but as far as I was aware - the 09 SE was missing the electronics to make it work

·
Registered
50 Posts
ok...thanks... Today it was so cold that the auto down windows were frozen so it was tuff getting the door to close.... I had to close the door for my wife from the outside by the glass so it would slide under and into position......ugh.....
Just got my car back, it was $210 for the factory kit, 2 hours labor to install at the dealer, 2X90 p/hr=$180 installation charge. $390 total. Received 2 new key fobs....

Works great !:bigthumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
My kit fromt he dealer was right around 200 bucks. The labor was 300. That was with a discount.

You do get new keys. My dealer let me keep the old set and the new set, but only the two manual keys come back. You don't get two extra.

Worth it? Yes. My cars temp is prime to have the a/c heat on and I don't have to wait for a warm up to go. Will be nice in the summer to cool down as well.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
my dealer service manager says it can be done, the kit is about $200 and the labor was about $80. all they would have to do after the install is set it with the computer scanner.

you get new key fobs when you do this.

actually, you have to do the programming first, then install the WIN module.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts