Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a remote start system for my 2013 SXT Redline. I installed everything (funny that the hood switch was already installed from the factory, but I followed the instructions and checked to see it was wired to the right block and number, and it was) had the dealer install the new WIN and update the flash. They replaced the WIN, updated the computer and drove the car over 35 mph everything works as usuall, but no auto start. After they looked up my car, they said it does not have keyless with "GWX", so the remote start will not work. Has anyone installed a remote start in a 2013 SXT Redline? The GWX feature is an "Immobolizer", any information on that? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Kevin

·
Vendor
12,220 Posts
will not work, have posted about this before,

must be equipped with following codes GXW, DGJ & DHD

must not have the following codes GX4, GXD & ACQ

basically no 2012 or 2013 were built with those combination.....

Luke

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll that was the quickest waste of $400. I checked with the parts dept and they took my vin # and said it would work, it would cost more to take it out than it's worth .. At least I have remotes with the starter button on them. Maybe they will come out with a fix for it someday and I will be all set. Thanks for the help

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
We'll that was the quickest waste of $400. I checked with the parts dept and they took my vin # and said it would work, it would cost more to take it out than it's worth .. At least I have remotes with the starter button on them. Maybe they will come out with a fix for it someday and I will be all set. Thanks for the help

Kevin
I bought mine at the dealer and their parts dept said it would work. I let them do the install. When they finished the install they found it wouldn't work. They removed it and gave my money back. I was disappointed, but not out any money.
Fortunately I got info from another member here about a very inexpensive plug and play unit from Audiovox that works like a charm.

Read this thread...
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f202/remote-start-options-126457/

·
Registered
124 Posts
if you bought from the dealer, and they said it would work, and they installed it, and it doesnt work, they should remove it and you shouldnt be out any money. Then you can get the module from the other thread linked here and have what you want. For less than $400 you can even have the cellular option so your phone can be used to control it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
if you bought from the dealer, and they said it would work, and they installed it, and it doesnt work, they should remove it and you shouldnt be out any money. Then you can get the module from the other thread linked here and have what you want. For less than $400 you can even have the cellular option so your phone can be used to control it.
I think he said he did the install himself.
However, if this happened to me, I would be in somebody's office (dealer) wanting to know why they wouldn't give me my money back since the parts guy sold it to me and said it would work. And I would even start out by being nice. :eusa_dance: :yikes:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is the following. I checked with the selling dealer and bought the part over the internet. They checked the vin number and said it would work. My local installing dealer charged me the installation of the win and flash. It would cost more to have them take the part out and reflash at $110. Per hour labor than its worth. I paid 225 for the part and 175 for dealer. Dealer quote to get installed part and labor from my local dealer was $649.00 plus 6.25 sales tax. Thought I could do it cheaper? My net results are I found a audiovox system that should work for $129.00 on ebay. Will let you know if that works, others have said it does.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
The problem is the following. I checked with the selling dealer and bought the part over the internet. They checked the vin number and said it would work. My local installing dealer charged me the installation of the win and flash. It would cost more to have them take the part out and reflash at $110. Per hour labor than its worth. I paid 225 for the part and 175 for dealer. Dealer quote to get installed part and labor from my local dealer was $649.00 plus 6.25 sales tax. Thought I could do it cheaper? My net results are I found a audiovox system that should work for $129.00 on ebay. Will let you know if that works, others have said it does.

Kevin
OK. I see how you wound up with the loss. That really sux!

I'm fully familiar with the Audiovox unit. You'll notice in the other thread that I'm one of those who has installed it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the new auto start from mopar in my car now, with the remote start buttons that don't work. Will install the new audiovox as soon as I get it. This sure is going to screw up the valet at the parking garage. Wish I just had my original remote with no starter button. Oh well

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a questioning have about the win, since I installed the new win with the antenna, will this give me more range? Or it does not matter to the audiovox unit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts