Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate any professional removal tricks or tips before I dive into this and make it worse than it is. Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Any fabric cleaner should work. First make sure to vacuum the area before spraying with any chemical. Spray, let it dwell, dab it out and repeat until gone. If it was my client’s vehicle I would use APC 10:1 and a steamer when blotting.

I actually had to remove fried fish grease stain on my seat when my wife took her friend out for a late night McDonald’s run in my car and her friend chowed down in my car which is a big no no for me but I was three sheets to the wind by that point.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hey DeWFPo: Do you have one of those 'Rainbow' vacuums ? Put hot water on the stain & use the Rainbow vacuum water & wetness from Carpet, rugs floors and furniture seat cushions. It works good. sort of like a 'shop-vac'.
If you have a cat or a dog you need one ! LOL we have one and its great when there is an accident.

Sometimes just pour a 'little bit' of good hot water on the 'spot' and take the Rainbow and it will suck that water through the stain and take the stain with it. Spray that Oxy clean on a spot and if you have the water low in the Rainbow, you can let it draw the water & Oxy through the spot. Gets it clean most every time.
If you use a carpet cleaner ( or any other mild cleaner by McGuires) it will foam up in the rainbow, so you have to run the Rainbow with a low level low and let it draw the water from the stain spot.

yeah try some of that carbonated water is good to for light stains and your seats you wouldn't want to use something strong on your seat. Sprinkle or soak the stain and then put the Rainbow to it and let it draw the water out of the cushion or carpet, and it will draw the stain out and dry the cushion and carpet.

Our old Rainbow is a 1992 model, and its been through three cats and a retired racing greyhound. Essential equipment for pets : )
Hope that helps,
best regards
parrott

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
277 Posts
One thing I remember seeing in an old Mopar manual from the '60's was a procedure to wet the area with cleaner, wipe as best you could, then blow the stain through the cloth into the cushion with an air gun. I think this was for that old patterned upholstery fabric they used to use.

I guess the logic is that once the stain is emulsified, blowing it down will prevent a ring somehow in the fabric. Just something I remember seeing that I thought was interesting and novel. Never tried it because my '60's Mopars had vinyl upholstery.

Cheers!

JD

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Do you have one of those 'Rainbow' vacuums ?
Wow. I've had a Rainbow vacuum since the 1980's. No, not the same machine as it went up in smoke about 10 years ago. They aren't cheap, but I love them! I'm just surprised someone else here heard of them.

Sorry to get off topic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts