Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody know how to remove the center console on a 16 SP A8? I watched the video for an M6 but it's not quite the same. I don't think there is enough play while the car is in Park to pull off the clips behind the HVAC controls.

I know there is a lever to be able to put the car in neutral, but I don't see a clip that you have to push to the side in order to disengage it like another thread said to do and I'm not sure if I should tug on it any harder than I already have as it doesn't look or feel to be very strong.

Any thoughts? I'm trying to access the 12v plug so I can hardwire my radar smart cord. I'm open to other areas but the mirror tap isn't an option.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay. So after reviewing the Hurst instructions on swapping the automatic shifter knob, I was able to remove the top of the center console. However once I went to remove the center console itself, I noticed there are other things attached to this and it's not the same coming out as the manual. For instance, the shifter itself and the Manual Park Release are attached to the center console. I'm pretty sure I could just undo the two bolts that hold the manual release on, but I decided to put it back together instead and will have to use another place to tap into.

While I had the top of the console off, I was looking at the plug that powers the HVAC controls. There are about 4 wires going into this plug. Anybody have any idea if this can be tapped or should I look under the dash, glovebox, etc...?

I'm hoping for a much easier place this next time.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
I had the console out in my A8 car to put in a wideband. The shifter stayed with the console and the lever to engage neutral stayed with the car. What I liked about tapping power there is I modified the harness on the console instead of the dash harness.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the console out in my A8 car to put in a wideband. The shifter stayed with the console and the lever to engage neutral stayed with the car. What I liked about tapping power there is I modified the harness on the console instead of the dash harness.

Just remove the 2 screws that hold the manual release in place?

Anything else I should know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
2 screws hold the manual release and it stays with the car. There is a bulkhead harness connector at the front that unplugs the entire console harness from the car.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Here are some pictures I took while I had it out.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts