Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I signed an agreement with the dealership in the purchase and they'll remove the stripes and decals for free. I think the Phantom black with nothing else except the redline rims and interior would be spectacular. I'd love some other opinions though. Hit me!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
Nice car no vote needed do what you think looks good,if you do delete the stripes go with a black fuel fill.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Yeah they would, actually. They won't replace 'em, simply remove 'em though. Thanks!
Seriously, I do like the stock stripes, but with those rims, the red stripes would look very good. It's a good choice to have to make :) A lot of folks don't have to worry about decisions like this.

Do what your gut says, and just enjoy that beauty.

Reactions: rajunz

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously, I do like the stock stripes, but with those rims, the red stripes would look very good. It's a good choice to have to make :) A lot of folks don't have to worry about decisions like this.

Do what your gut says, and just enjoy that beauty.
:rocker:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally I would remove the stripes. Never liked those HTF stripes.

Can you keep them on for now and keep the free removal in your back pocket until you make sure that's what you want to do?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Oh yeah, for a few weeks anyway. My only concern is that there might be variation with the paint in some way? I do know that it's been sitting on that lot since August of last year so it's had some time in the sun. Do I need to worry about that with the phantom-black-metallic?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Black + red + gray = a little too rich (busy) for me. It's a matter of personal taste, though.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just removed my R/T Classic stripes and I LOVE IT!!!!

Oh and I second (or third) the vote for Mopar springs. Mopar or nothing baby !!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like the stripes but would remove the r/t. I agree they would look even better in red with your wheels.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a black RT Classic and I had dealer remove the stripes, looks so much better. My wife's red line is black with the same rims you have with a red center stripe, looks good, but black, silver, red takes a little to warm up to, if you care about my opinion. Do what You like is the best

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I think it looks good, just lower it a little. There are ALOT of all black cars here, keep the stripes and be a little different

·
Registered
499 Posts
Remove the stripes. I don't think the gray stripes work well with the Redline wheels.

Or you could outline the gray stripes with a 1/2" red vinyl to mimic the redline wheels. That would definitely be different.

Reactions: DJ Hemi and USRWDV8

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I just sealed the deal on a 2014 Blacktop, already have the dealer lined up to remove the stripes and badges prior to delivery. Mean and clean.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 37 Posts