Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
washing the car today and remembered something we used to do to the fbodies. (Camaros and Trans Ams). we would remove the plastic wheel well liners to number one share another couple of pounds off the weight of the car and it actually gave more clearance for larger wheels/tires.

Any one try this on these challengers?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Not sure how that would help. The lip that's been formed off the fenders/quarter panels will still be there; the liners are actually recessed behind that lip.

Interesting, the front liners appear to be plastic (OMG, Dodge & plastic), while I'm not sure what the rear liners are made of.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they feel plastic to me. on the TA it gave more inside room, not much but an extra 1/2 inch and shed a total of 6 pounds between the 4 liners.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well if you do it please weigh em. They seem really flimsy so I don't think they weigh much. If I did it I would want to give the area a layer of undercoating which might defeat the weight savings.

·
Registered
574 Posts
They are so flimsy that my right rear liner can make a mind-boggling vibration sound above 140. So I agree that they must not weigh much.

·
Banned
903 Posts
When I was at Pettys Garage having my suspension done they had a pair of the rear inner liners laying on a bench and weight wise there isn't much to them, maybe a couple pounds each. With the BFG 295/40/20 on the rear I did have some clearance issues on the inner fender and ended up taking a heat gun to the liner to make it mold to the inner fender tighter and picked up about a 1/4 inch of clearance on the tire side wall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.