Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Removed OEM hood scoops?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  needaR/T 
#1 ·
Has anyone modified or removed the oem plastic plugs at the hood scoops? Did this cause any problems?

thanks!

#2 ·
What exactly are you looking to do? Leave them out or modify and put them back in? I took mine out to replace them with the "pass through" version that is on the SRT's and Classics (which come with the rubber plumbing that directs the air into the engine compartment).

#4 ·
Personally, I would just buy the SRT/Classic ones. Without the tube that connects the grille to the opening under the hood, you're just allowing excess water the opportunity to collect in various nooks/crannies within the hood. The replacement parts are relatively cheap and easy to install.

#5 ·
As Kean said, it'll just be easier to swap out to the functional ones. they come with a rubber duct to help the air travel into the engine bay. If you just drill out the holes, not much air will make it in because it has no real way to flow through.

We have them in stock if you'd like to order a set!

#6 ·
And the real one's drain water down between the sides of the engine and wheel well, the water doesn't hit the engine, and they have been tested to lower the under hood temps by -10 degrees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.