Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed my resonators today on my 6 speed 2014 RT. Sounds awesome! Local shop did it for $100 and I am beyond happy. Nice volume. No where near how loud an old 5.0 mustang I had with .512 lift cam and one chamber 3" dumped exhaust. That was a loud one. I'm happy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
404 Posts
Awesome! Been on the fence with removing my resonators. I know this question has been asked a lot but hows the drone? I might finally pull the trigger on this mod in the spring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drone is there but not bad. I have a 6 speed so I can just put it in a higher gear if it's annoying. It sounds the way it should. I don't mind the drone that is there but I bet if you had an automatic it would be a little annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Nice.

Did you reuse the factory tips, and also, did the shop make up a hanger for the resonator mount position?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it was a great deal too. Id been debating putting flowmaster original 40s on before I had resonators removed. After hearing it now I think I'm gonna pass. Those stock round mufflers on the '14s really sound awesome. Best $100 spent in a good while.

·
Registered
13 Posts
resonator Delete

Way to go.... 6 speed cruncher here as well, ripping off the resonators is the first thing I did, put on a Blastin' Bob's kit and couldn't be happier, sounds like it should have when they built it.

:puke: Death to factory resonators!!!!! :thumbsup:

Drive it like ya' stole it

·
Registered
967 Posts
I loved my reso delete also. .. then I changed mufflers only and it's way better. The stock mufflers had a tin can sound to them with a weird echo. I went with thrush welded compatible to original 40 series flowmaster but 1/3 the price. Should is much better. 100$ reso delete + 75$ mufflers + 175$ install = 350$ well worth the price

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Xbring what year is yours? Did it have the smaller round mufflers or suitcase? Mine has the round ones and doesn't sound tiney at all. It sounds like a tough throaty exhaust. I honestly didn't expect it to sound this good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2011 automatic r/t. I got my resonators taken out this past Christmas. I love the way it sounds. I also like that its quiet on the freeway unless I punch it. Only paid $80 and I can't complain one bit.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I took my resonators off and added 2 MagnaFlow copies of their mufflers for less money, all stainless. I love the sound the car makes on start up and when I am playing with my autostick (that didn't come out right !)

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2012 R/T...pulled the resonators for about $100 and love it! Drone is there somewhat, but hardly noticeable, not at all if the radio is on. Easy way to make it sound great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 14 rt and put the blastin Bob's reso delete kit. Sounds awesome and I think the drone is very minimal even with an auto

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bennefits besides sound?

Does removing the resonators add any hp?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts