Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I see that by holding the T/C button I can remove the traction but I need to completely remove the ESP.

Has anyone had any success in this? Unfortunately, its not like the hellcat where the T/C button would remove both.

Unlike the hellcat, which completely turned off ESP, you cannot drift as soon as the car gets a little sideways the computer cuts in. Big No no, :mad:

For the ones throwing caution to the wind, I am experienced and driving on track.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,743 Posts
It's the stability control, not sure you can turn that off if holding the traction control button 10 seconds doesn't disable it. Meant for drag racing where getting sideways isn't desired ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,037 Posts
So the Demon has a different ESP than all other Mopars with Super Track Pack, and up? I didn't know that.
Also, what are "Tires TOYO"? Are they different then "TOYO Tires"?
How is the other side done, same way?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I suppose you could simply pull the fuse. you didnt hear that from me though. I wasnt here. didnt do it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,743 Posts
DC, you have a Demon, right? Can you get it sideways on purpose? :D

A Guy

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hello!

I see that by holding the T/C button I can remove the traction but I need to completely remove the ESP.

Has anyone had any success in this? Unfortunately, its not like the hellcat where the T/C button would remove both.

Unlike the hellcat, which completely turned off ESP, you cannot drift as soon as the car gets a little sideways the computer cuts in. Big No no, :mad:

For the ones throwing caution to the wind, I am experienced and driving on track.

Thanks!
I went through this recently on my Scat. Pressing and holding the button only stops the ESC by about 70%. It turns out the ONLY way to completely disable it is by pulling the ABS fuse. This works perfectly. I pull it before going to the track. I do not notice ANY difference in brake performance. I'm sure in a "panic" situation is where you would lose the "anti-lock" action of the system. I re-install the fuse when I get home just for rain or a panic stop....Gene:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts