Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So these cars are fairly heavy. Anyone know how to make them lighter without sacrificing much of the safety features. I don't care about inspection, I use my car for race mostly, however, I want to keep seats in it.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
So these cars are fairly heavy. Anyone know how to make them lighter without sacrificing much of the safety features. I don't care about inspection, I use my car for race mostly, however, I want to keep seats in it.
Not sure what model you have.
Lighter wheels and tires, 17" DRs in the rear and lighter fronts works for the SRTs. Easier to make more power than stripping weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Drag Pack.

·
Registered
442 Posts
reduce weight

the best thing is for the driver himself (or herself) to lose weight....if you are a 240 lb driver and you shed 40 lbs that's the equivalent of quite a bit of removal of parts. Gasoline weight and driver weight are the best without sacrificing removal of parts or bypassing safety systems....

·
Registered
545 Posts
resonators delete and muffler delete=75lbs

rear seat=50lbs

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Speedlogix has a rear seat delete as well as some lightweight replacements to shave weight down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the best thing is for the driver himself (or herself) to lose weight....if you are a 240 lb driver and you shed 40 lbs that's the equivalent of quite a bit of removal of parts. Gasoline weight and driver weight are the best without sacrificing removal of parts or bypassing safety systems....

Agreed. Or you can get the driver delete option for even more savings! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts