Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good technique for removing the airbag labels from the sun visors? My car is just under a month old - I've tried peeling at the edge but these are stuck and if I did get the corner loose, I'm afraid the label would tear and look worse. I don't want to damage the cloth material on the visors.

Anyone do this without leaving any damage or stains? Please post.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The way use to be a wet towel with a hot iron over it. not sure if these are labels or silk screened on.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I used a hair drier at the max heat setting and it worked really well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used a hair drier at the max heat setting and it worked really well.
^ x2

I used a shrinkwrap heat gun and it's great for removing any adhesive labels, especially those pesky township window stickers. If the airbag labels are adhesive a hair dryer or heat gun will be perfect.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I ordered these last week..still waiting for them to arrive.....From what I see on website..these will do the Job.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went with the billet metal plate covers myself... worth the investment for me personally, and I love how it matches my car color pretty closely.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I went with the billet metal plate covers myself... worth the investment for me personally, and I love how it matches my car color pretty closely.

Do you have a link for the billet ones?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Was looking at the billet ones, but Im glad someone posted those black ones that somewhat match the visor material. And very cheap! Definitely what I will be getting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well some one had to try, and since they really bug me i did. They came right off with a heat gun. Iput my finger in front to make sure i didn't burn the fabric:smokin:. There is still some residue there that i need to try and remove but it's still a big improvment over the bright white/yellow sticker. you can tell somting was there but like i said it's better than the sticker to me.

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Removing these labels litterally take 2 minutes. Use a hair dryer and peel them off. If any glue residue is left, use grip solvent to take the remaining glue off. You can get this solvent at any golf shop, they use this to install golf club grips. It's made to break down glue so the grips can be slipped on. Works great. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just did mine about 5 mins ago as well.. If you're worried about doing it... Just do it. Seriously. The stickers are plastic and don't rip or tear.. Hold your blow dryer/heat gun up to it for 2mins, take your finger nail and peel a corner up slightly and grab it and pull it off... done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to get rid of the stickers cause they take away from the interior’s overall look.
I see some members remove them using heat and others cover ‘em up with other stuff.

I decided to go with those CD cases that attach to the visor. Covers up the sticker and serves another purpose.
Just one drawback, the elastic used to hold the case in place interferes with the vanity mirror.
Guess I could remove and re stitch the elastic but what do you want for a $3.00 solution.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts