Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I need some suggestions as to what the best chemical (or other method) I should use to remove some old tape residue from the inside of the rear window. When I bought the car over a year ago, they had taped some signs into the window and I thought I would deal with the tape later. Now, almost two years later, it appears I waited too long - that stuff is caked on the window in two 1"x1" spots. Someone suggested a razor blade to scrape it off, but the rear window defrost wires are on the inside and I don't want to mess with accidentally slicing one in half.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
WD 40 is pretty harmless for this. Then clean with Windex or whatever you prefer to clean windows.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yep, WD40 and a little elbow grease should do the trick.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think the previous posts are spot on, but if you don't want to use WD-40 then some rubbing alcohol should also work or if you have a hand held steamer like the scunci then that would work also.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I am going to try out your suggestions tomorrow and report back. I'll try to get a picture of before and after. Love this forum!

Chris

·
Registered
251 Posts
Those should work, but if not, nothing seems to work better for me than 3m adhesive remover. I get it at Napa. I use it to remove anything sticky, including tons of rubber off the dusters 1/4 panels.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those should work, but if not, nothing seems to work better for me than 3m adhesive remover. I get it at Napa. I use it to remove anything sticky, including tons of rubber off the dusters 1/4 panels.
Cool thanks - another weapon to add to the arsenal :thumbsup:.

Chris

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. WD-40 worked perfectly with a little patience. A follow up with Windex and you can't tell the tape was ever there.

Best regards!
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts