Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my ongoing quest to have my windshield replaced, Safelite damaged the trim piece that sits against the windshield that runs along the dash. They have a new one, and before I have them butcher the car any further, I need to know what is involved in replacing this part. It is attached by clips, looks like the plastic pieces on the ends of the dash have to come off, but what else? Do the A pillar covers have to be removed as well, because it appears that they are beneath the trim piece?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
You have to first remove dash "end caps" (just held on with clips) - and then the a-pillar covers. With my 2018, to remove the a-pillar covers, you just put your fingers in at the top and pull out. Once the clip releases, there is a black "safety strap" that also needs to be removed to completely pull the a-pillar cover up and out of the car. Once both a-pillar covers are removed, then you can just pull the dash piece up - only held in with speed-clips. I start at both end and work my way towards the center.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Actually, I edited my post while you were replying. It originally said that the "safety straps" needed to be "replaced" - it should have said that they need to be "released". Once you pull the top of the a-pillar cover off, you have to reach in the top of the a-pillar cover and "release" the black plastic safety strap before you can completely remove the a-pillar cover. You'll see what I mean when you pull the top out. It's kind of a pain at first, but you'll get the hang of it (have to press in at one spot to "release" the strap). I think there are some speaker replacement videos that will show this if you look on youtube or on the forum (you have to do the same basic steps to remove that dash panel in order to replace the dash speakers).

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I did pull the top of the A pillar cover out and noticed an airbag in there. I guess there will be a connector to deal with as well.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Thanks. I did pull the top of the A pillar cover out and noticed an airbag in there. I guess there will be a connector to deal with as well.
The airbag is not part of the a-pillar cover - you don't have to mess with the airbag at all - no connectors or anything need disconnected. THe a-pillar cover is "Self-contained" and can be completely removed from the vehicle without messing with the airbag at all.

Check the .pdf I gave a link to above - it goes into detail on how to remove the a-pillar cover - starting on page 13.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Scroll down to Part III Dash Speakers

A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts