Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to remove those ugly bright stickers from your sun visors ? Not only are the warning lables ugly, they are also distracting because of their color, etc and tend to draw your eye away from the road at times because they are so obvious and obnoxious... It's easy to get rid of them.

I removed my visor stickers right after I got my car. No need to take the visors out. Start by peeling the stickers off best you can. Then get some duct tape. Just press the sticky side of the duct tape against the residue and lift. You will have to do this many times but the duct tape will eventually pull off all residue left behind from the stickers. Keep refreshing with new tape after a few pulls and go at it again and again. It takes a little effort but it will work. It took me about ten minutes each visor and they came totally clean. No residue will be left and no need for any chemicals.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I agree, at night these stickers TOTALLY distract the driver. How does this help ANYONE? I mean seriously. Safety sticker warning label in your direct field of vision? What knitwit thought this product placement was a good idea? What about the SAFETY issue distraction annoying the driver while he/she is driving the car?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Better yet a certain former supporting vendor makes awesome billet visor sticker covers in several colors with engraving....

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I removed the stickers also, just ruin the interior "look", too damn bright and distracting

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
If you look at the right angle, you can still still the square where the sticker has been, unless I didn't do it enough. Either way, they are not necessary anymore. What, Mr. Legislator, do you honestly think that anyone now a days will look at that tag and say, "Stop the car, I want to get out!" Or, "I ain't riding in the front seat. Are you kiddin'? I'll sit in the back seat in this car. Thank God the government is protecting me."

Let's see, mandate airbags and then put up a warning that it could kill you or at least maim you. Don't we all know that by now? How about changing the law to allow the dealer to ask you, "Do you want us to put these stickers in your car in case you have really stupid people riding in or driving this vehicle? You'll also be protected from any lawsuit." :soapbox:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I understand the use of a hair dryer will help remove the sticker as well. Obviously, use caution when doing this. You don't want to use too high of a heat setting or apply for too long.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yup, I was going to add that. That is what I did. There is still a faint square there, but you really have to look hard to see it, so I think the job is done. I'd rather have that than the stupid labels. And what are they going to do, protect you?

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having them gone is best . You wouldn't know they were even there. Not a trace left, a little effort and mine are 100% gone without a trace. No other stickers covering anything, no fuss no muss - just gone - the way it should be. No need to look at anything on the visor. No heat or chemicals required to remove them and they are gone !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Used a hair-dryer here... heated 'em up and gently peeled. Goo-gone took care of the rest. Looks MUCH better.

(Had double-duty here... because the dang cars in Canuck-land have Canadian stickers (which are even bigger) placed over the US stickers... so had to remove both.)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
No, the sticker is so good it looks that way. Hit it with a hair dryer first before you begin and it will come off easier. Then try duct tape. Finish with Goo Gone or something similar. Sure, you might see a faint image of glue, but think about what you have.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts