Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been a lot of discussion on whether to remove stripes and how to do it, but I'm wondering how long between the time the car was built and you remove the stripes it can be done without leaving a sign they were there.

My car was built in September of last year, it sat on the lot until I bought it in January. Since then, it's been outside until a few weeks back when I finally made room in the garage to park it in there. I'd like to remove the RT stripes from it, but I wonder if there has been any paint fade yet and if so, would it be enough to show where the stripes were? Those of you who have removed stripes, how long did you do it after they were applied at the factory, and does it show any signs the stripes were there?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
My car was built in Jan 2010.... I bought it in July, and removed the stripes in, like Jan of 2011.. So, it had been there a year. After I removed it, I could see some ghosting effect from the stripes, but I used some light rubbing compound, followed up by wax and all was good.

You will see some residual adhesive, and will probably see some ghosting, but a llittle elbow grease and some rubbing compound and you should be good.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
same here...except my car was in 09 and i removed last week...the huge carbon fiber hood stripe is what i took off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts