Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has family in Florida so we are here visiting and rented a mustang convertible. Never been in a drop top before and I know why anyways. It's the 4 cyclinder turbo with 10 speed trans what a pile. Ya ya it's a rental and it's probably been beaten on but not that much low miles. This thing is a complete turd. And it makes me laugh when people complain about the Challenger or the 200 which my wife has and both are far superior cars by a long shot.

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wife and I rented a newer drop top Mustang a year ago. It was the V6 6 speed auto. We enjoyed it, no real grievances other than I'm not much of a V6 or auto trans guy. Otherwise no issues with build quality, etc. I still think about buying a convertible, especially now since I am being transferred to San Diego in July. However, there are probably 4-5 drop tops I'd choose ahead of a Mustang.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I loved the looks of the prior generation Mustang and test drove both coupe and convertible GTs several times.

There were several things I didn’t like about the convertible:

1. Loose body structure. The cowl shake was noticeable driving over irregularities to pass for a sporty car. The 1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi I owned years before felt much tighter.
  2. The windshield header came too close to your forehead, killing much of that open air feel.
  3. Assembly gaps and fit-and-finish were just awful. You could slide your entire hand into the space where the top mechanism folds down when the top was lowered.
  4. The plastics used to cover up the top mechanism were cheap. The assembly quality was much improved with the 2015 redesign, though.
  5. Trunk space was ridiculously small.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts