Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Repair Loose Gear Shifter

3198 5
Hey Everyone,

So I'm working on my 2016 Challenger. The shifter suddenly became really loose/sloppy.
So I opened it up and found that this bushing came loose and moved itself forward so the the shaft now has a lot of play in the "knuckle".
So I fixed this by glueing the bushing back into the knuckle, and also greasing the shaft to give it more freedom to move around.
This is just a band-aid repair and I need to fix it permanently.

Is this a part I can purchase online or dealer only? (will be googling shortly after posting this. :) )
I'm not looking to replace/upgrade anything as I'm happy with the look and feel of the stock shifter.
Just need a permanent fix for this.

*As a side note, I noticed rust forming on the edge of the sheet metal inside here. :( So I sprayed it a bit...hopefully that will slow it...

Thanks!
Henry.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,767 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,767 Posts
If you get the barton OEM handle version you can use the stock shifter and ball (the ball is pressed on the shaft). I used Lou's short shifter which allowed me to install a speeddawg shifter knob...absolutely love this set-up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.