Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my nearly brand new '13 R/T. Ive only got 14K miles on it and this past weekend hit some ice and then met a guard rail. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of cost I'm looking at? I have USAA insurance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Your cost is whatever your deductible is, beyond that it's whatever the body shop estimates and then your insurance will pay them.

Sorry to see your new baby was wrecked, hopefully it's nothing bad enough that they would consider totaling it. :(

Reactions: rajunz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cost

Right I've got a $500 deductible so no worries there, mainly concerned with what the damage estimates are.

And yea, it sucks seeing it like this.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Damn, hate to see this. Did it happen near West Point? The roads are nasty up there this time of year. I'm originally from Cold Spring. Best of luck with the repairs.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Once you get things straightened out, get a good set of winter tires if you must drive the Challenger daily.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Did the air bags deploy? That will weigh heavily on their decision whether to total it or not.
Sorry to see that crunched up, at least you came out unscathed.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
.... good thing you have USAA!!! They have always been "top shelf" in service l have it and have never paid any more than the deductible for repairs etc! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sorry but from what I see, its done. It looks like the passenger rail was hit hard and the abs motor isnt even mounted anymore, being that it sits right on top of the passenger front cradle mount that cant bee a good sign.

Even if it is fixed you dont want it back. Way better off cashing out and buying new. Best of luck and glad your ok.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Never understood why people ask what it's going to cost to repair a wrecked car on an internet forum. That's what body shops and insurance adjusters are for.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Never understood why people ask what it's going to cost to repair a wrecked car on an internet forum. That's what body shops and insurance adjusters are for.
I hear you on some level it's probably a bit therapeutic to ask the question / talk about it. The catch 22 is what do you hope for in that case? If it was deemed repairable would it ever drive as well as it did before the crash etc... It certainly would lose a large chunk of it's value after being repaired.

In my case about 5 months ago I knew the Trans Am was totaled when my wife called and sent me the pictures of it while i was at work after it was hit in front of our old house. That still didn't keep me from wondering if I'd want the car back if they did choose to fix it etc or how much it would appraise for etc while waiting for a few days for answers...

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
391 Posts
With damage like that I would want it totaled out. There are plenty of replacement Challengers out there. I bet its $13-15k easily.

·
Super Moderator
15,583 Posts
There's a number of factors that would determine if this is salvageable

-a major point would be if the upper suspension mounting points are out of spec

from what I can see in the images, the engine cradle/k-member, lower support and upper support are damaged.

the inner wheel well / apron on the pass. side is another major point - on a unit body construction vehicle having everything back to the correct dimensions and tolerances may/ may not be possible if it took a major hit.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
When a simple parking dent on the rear side costs 2200 to fix, I'd bet that one costs close to 10k, doubt its a total loss though. USAA will do whats necessary to fix what can be fixed, and you'll only pay the deductible. If fixed right I see no reason to dump a car and get another just because repairs have been made. Only if it can't be repaired to condition it was before the accident would i consider moving on.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Make sure you get lost in value on your challenger if they fix it.Because when you sell it will be on your car sorry to see that good luck

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Sorry for your loss. That stinks.

..................But, do this.
................ VVVVVVVVVVV

Once you get things straightened out, get a good set of winter tires if you must drive the Challenger daily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts