Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 730n in my 2013 Challenger is acting flaky. I have the Harmon Kardon system. I can't update it do to the voice commands not being recognized for the update and it has hung on me twice which required me to disconnect the battery for a few seconds.

Has anyone replaced the 730n with something better from the aftermarket? What are my options. I want an upgrade that has Android auto and all of my current features.

What size touchscreen aftermarket devices should I be looking at? What other things will I need?

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
I have a 2013 JGC that I am looking to do the same. There are quite a few android radios on the market but the reviews, lack of information on compatibility and all the optional add-ons that drive the prices up have me a little hesitant to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2013 JGC that I am looking to do the same. There are quite a few android radios on the market but the reviews, lack of information on compatibility and all the optional add-ons that drive the prices up have me a little hesitant to pull the trigger.
I did a bunch of research and also went to a car stereo store at lunch and got the lowdown. I got a quote for what I want but I will end up doing it myself. I will be getting the headunit from them because their price is the same as Amazon and I would rather support my local store. I will list what they quoted.

First you need the adapter so you can use your factory amp and steering wheel controls. This is a small converter module and harness adapters. PAC also makes a similar one. This is what they quoted me: https://www.ebay.com/i/132834163889?chn=ps

Second you need the head unit you want. You can opt for the features you want. I am leaning towards the Pioneer Swrcr-59 which works with wireless Android Auto and costs $699. The are much less expensive options. I opted out of built in NAV as I intend to use Android Auto and Waze but if you want that you can get a headunit with builtin NAV for more money. I prefer Waze and having it displayed on my headunit will be awesome. You CAN use SiriusXM via Android Auto running from your phone OR you can add on the SiriusXM tuner for $38.37 on Amazon to use the new headunit's SiriusXM features if the headunit you choose has it.

Misc from what I can tell - you will need an antenna adapter and dash kit. Here is the antenna adapter. You will need to Google a dash kit. https://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-EU1...ocphy=9016140&hvtargid=pla-433973661582&psc=1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts