Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Mopar Mavins.

Recently saw a Challenger that had the Ram head on front of the hood replaced with a Mopar "M".

Could not find the owner to ask where he got it.

Anyone know?

Thanks for your time,

Varooom

BTW mine is a 2010

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Hello Fellow Mopar Mavins.

Recently saw a Challenger that had the Ram head on front of the hood replaced with a Mopar "M".

Could not find the owner to ask where he got it.

Anyone know?

Thanks for your time,

Varooom

BTW mine is a 2010
Found these with a google search (the official one is from the MOPAR 10 model in the first link):
https://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Charger-Challenger-Mopar-Emblem/dp/B00522PLCS
Dodge Challenger Steering Wheel and Nose 3D Custom Badges

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
This was my answer to that goat head.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
This was my answer to that goat head.
My '13 never had the Ram Head, but I did the DODGE letters as well, but up on the hood, like the '70 Challenger.

If I ever had one of the older Challengers, I always thought I do one of these aftermarket logos to replace the RAM head.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
My '13 never had the Ram Head, but I did the DODGE letters as well, but up on the hood, like the '70 Challenger.

If I ever had one of the older Challengers, I always thought I do one of these aftermarket logos to replace the RAM head.
I thought about going on the hood as well but it just didnt work for me with the 'Cuda II hood on it. THe hood looked crowed. Plus the letters are a bit larger than I wanted but they work. I had all of the lettering airbrused on the make them same same flavor.

Yours looks good

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Never heard of a Cuda II hood. Looked it up. Holy Fiber-glass, Batman! A badass, functional scoop fiberglass hood for under $700? Did it come painted? Did you put in hood pins as recommended?

I've been lusting after a new T/A 392, but not the extra maintenance that the satin hood and vinyl roof/trunk wraps need. Now, with a $700 aftermarket hood, I could add regular black roof/trunk wraps and have that Black over color T/A look, on maybe a R/T SP 392 for about the same or less money than a T/A.

Did you hook the scoops up to CAI? Would this hood link up to the CAI on current model?

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Never heard of a Cuda II hood. Looked it up. Holy Fiber-glass, Batman! A badass, functional scoop fiberglass hood for under $700? Did it come painted? Did you put in hood pins as recommended?

I've been lusting after a new T/A 392, but not the extra maintenance that the satin hood and vinyl roof/trunk wraps need. Now, with a $700 aftermarket hood, I could add regular black roof/trunk wraps and have that Black over color T/A look, on maybe a R/T SP 392 for about the same or less money than a T/A.

Did you hook the scoops up to CAI? Would this hood link up to the CAI on current model?
The hood came in white gel coat. It didn't much fitting either it was very well made. It was no problem with needing pins as it was a bit heavy. I never had any issues with it at all. The only problem I had was the underside had to be cut into for a supercharger setup and test that it weakened it and the hood fractured and blew open. Cost me a small bundle in repairs and such that I am still fixing. It's a good hood but don't violate the structure and do use hood pins. the Air vents came straight through the hood into the engine bay. I am sure someone could build an air path to a CAI but I left them as they were to cool the engine bay as my motor is like a furnace.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts

Dug up some pics of the underside after it was all painted and on the car. You can see the open vents from the hood scoops on each side.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts