Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What diameter and offset should I get to replace the mid-mufflers on a 2016 Challenger RT Shaker A8? Searched the forum and did not see this information, my apologies if I overlooked it.

JS

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Those are resonators, the mufflers are at the back. If you want it QUIET, like stock (inside the car) get a Flowmaster Force II cat-back. If you remove the resonators, you just get drone inside the car. If you don't mind a little more interior sound then get the Flowmaster American Thunder system. The great thing with the cat-backs is that you can install them yourselves and save labor cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought they were all technically resonators. However, I already removed the rear. I am still looking for more bark out of her. I was thinking of replacing the mids with Flowmaster Super 10s.

JS

·
Registered
271 Posts
You are correct. They are all resonators.

Remove the mid mufflers and put in dynomax 24250's. Sounds great on a scat pack. Any good muffler shop will make any inlet/outlet work as long as it is larger than the current diameter. These are 3" in and 3" out. I don't know the size of the exhaust on the R/T but the scat pack is 2.75".

Here is a short clip of it on my scat pack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts