Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2013 R/T came with the Goodyear F1 Eagle tires. And just at 8K miles, I am having issues with un even wear. That's producing an annoying noise. I've read numerous forums on this tire, and mostly heard complaints.

Although its just one tire, I want to remove all 4 and get all-weathers so I can survive the winter. I was recommended Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Anyone had any experience with these ones. Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,560 Posts
I got right at 32k on two different sets of Goodyear RSA's and no complaints...running Nitto Motivo's this time, so far so good in 9k on them...

·
Registered
111 Posts
So my 2013 R/T came with the Goodyear F1 Eagle tires. And just at 8K miles, I am having issues with un even wear. That's producing an annoying noise. I've read numerous forums on this tire, and mostly heard complaints.

Although its just one tire, I want to remove all 4 and get all-weathers so I can survive the winter. I was recommended Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Anyone had any experience with these ones. Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
I used them on a Porsche 911. They were fantastic. Very grippy in rain or shine. I never drove the car in snow, but, they are top rated for it on tirerack.com. They also have a very long tread life warranty. In my opinion, they are the best of all worlds.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,117 Posts
I was going to get those, but last year when I needed them, they were "out of stock" everywhere in my area for the OEM size.??? Even the big Conti dealers couldn't get them, and I didn't want to have this possibly happen in the future if I just needed one do to damage or something.

I ended up buying the Goodyear RSA2's, to replace the original RSA's. I have about 10k miles on them and just love them. Great all season tire, smooth ride, descent handling, and quiet. They are wearing well too.

Best of luck on your choice.

Here's a pic from last weekend, and you can see that they are wearing well:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Thanks in advance!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second that recommendation. The Continental ExtremeContact DWS' are an excellent replacement for your F1s. You won't be disappointed :eusa_dance: !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses!
Now comes the financial part of the decision, with installation/taxes/shipping.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS ($246/tire) = $1100
Nitto Motivo ($197/tire) = $900
Goodyear Eagle RAS2 ($183/tire) = $820

One other major consideration is that I have a lease car, with a return date in September 2015 (~1 yr). I haven't yet decided if ill buy it off the dealership at the end of the term. So any investment now, could possibly be short term!

Again, will appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I got right at 32k on two different sets of Goodyear RSA's and no complaints...running Nitto Motivo's this time, so far so good in 9k on them...
Exactly what I did. Nittos have less traction and it's noticeable, but longer tread wear supposedly, we will see.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the responses!
Now comes the financial part of the decision, with installation/taxes/shipping.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS ($246/tire) = $1100
Nitto Motivo ($197/tire) = $900
Goodyear Eagle RAS2 ($183/tire) = $820

One other major consideration is that I have a lease car, with a return date in September 2015 (~1 yr). I haven't yet decided if ill buy it off the dealership at the end of the term. So any investment now, could possibly be short term!

Again, will appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks!
DWS's on tirerack are $220. Hopefully, that helps your decision a little.

·
Registered
320 Posts
discount tire or America's tire will usually beat competitor's pricing also. if that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.